Wireless Internet Stopping And Pc Refusing To Shut Down

Hamokhamok

Hi all,

I use a wireless adapter on my desktop PC - Netgear make. I never had any problems with it.

What I find now is that for no apparent reason it will stop on the PC. My smartphone continues to keep contact with the modem so I'm assuming its not a modem problem.

The only way to get the wireless adapter to receive the signal from the modem is to shut down / restart my PC. Trying to 'fix' it doesn't work.

This then is my second problem.

I click on restart or sometimes shut down and all I get is the message on the screen telling me that the PC is Shutting Down but that's all it does.

I end up having to power down the PC and start it up again manually.

Any suggestions.???

Anyone with a similar experience ?

Do these wireless adapters fail to work ??

Regards.

yup wifi adaptors do tend to 'crash' for no apparent reason from time to time.

if its no longer on rare occasions but rather after a brief period or working I would absolutely get it serviced/replaced asap :)

and yes this bloody windows is so bloody tied up to the internet so if the wifi adaptor fail (but winfuck hasnt realised that yet) it will keep waiting forever & thus disallow a shutdown of the OS!

When you turn Windows off, it will deactivate all USB devices before shutting down. If the USB device does not properly deactivate, it may prevent Windows from shutting down. Try deactivating and unplugging all USB devices before you turn Windows off. If that solves your shutdown problem, visit the device manufacturer's Web site to see if an updated driver is available.

Not my words but pretty much the sort of thing I would have said.

Archived