Where Not To Retire!

Flashermac

Given that I havent seen a single instance of a passenger liner being sunk by an iceberg since the Titanic - even with captains as stupid as the Cost Concordia 'Love Machine' at the helm - I'm guessing that ole Clive has a very good chance of pulling this off. Throw in the fact that Greenpeace and the Japanese do their level best to ram one another in icy waters off Antarctica each year, and I'd say our Titanic captain had may well have been under the thumb of the boats owner, per the movie. Thank you, Hollywood, for solving that mystery ;)

Start with an Ice shelf :)

You must really be missing those South Island glaciers, coss. Have you acclimatised to the Laos version of Winter yet ? Given that Anthony Bourdain (a native of NYC, although arguably a citizen of the world now ..) was all rugged up when I saw him wandering around the Plane of Jars, I expect that it could get as cold as 10deg C - in BKK, that would be considered 'freezing' :D

"The highest recorded temperature in Bangkok is 40.8° C (105.4° F) in May 1983, and the lowest recorded temperature is 9.9° C (49.8° F) in January 1955."

Wikipedia

Wiengchan:

"The coolest average min / low temperature is 17° C (63° F) in January & December."

Archived