Ipad 2 With Bad Esn; Can Phone Be Activated In Los?

dean

I have a friend in Chiang Mai that would like me to buy a cheap IPad for her (Im leaving in 3 weeks). I'm checking Ebay for Ipad 2's that only have broken screens, and are under $150. I did run across one that has two small dents at two of the corners but has bad ESN from Version. If I buy it, will she have any problem using the telephone portion of it? I may buy it just for the WIFI but it would be nice to be able to make calls from it. The auction ends early evening in the U.S> on June 6, so any reply soon would be appreciated.

I also have a problem with my laptop freezing, but I won't got there now. Like Flash, I have no idea how to deleate one of these double topics, so if KS or the moderator will do it, I would appreciate it.

ESN Electronic Serial Number is usually set to bad by the carrier if the device has been lost or stolen, and also if the bill has not been paid.

To use in Thailand you would need to unlock the iPad anyway to work with a Thai SIM card and this would resolve the bed ESN issue or you could just Jailbreak it.

You cannot use an iPad to make conventional phone calls, you need SKYPE or Magic Jack etc loaded to it.

If you are in Bangkok for a couple of days before heading up to CM you may wish to consider a $150 cracked screen option, replacement cost in MBK is a fraction of the cost than the States.

Kong

Thanks, Kong. I already have bought one Ipad 2 with a cracked screen on Ebay for $127.00 (supposedly works fine) and will bring it with me to replace at MBK, probably at the stall on the North east corner of the 4th floor (that you recommended earlier in the year for cracked screens). My plan is to buy 3 Ipad 2s or 3's for no more than $150 , and that work or have small things wrong with them, like the "Home" button doesn't work, but with cracked or shattered screens, then have them fixed in Bangkok. I may buy one or two Iphone 4S or 5 in the same condition, for my wife's mother and sister to use in either skype, magicjack or facetime mode. Then, I can dump Vonage and the $40 a month charge that comes with it.

Archived