Non or Low Alcohol Beer?

Steve

I'm not in Pattaya right now but does anyone know if the bars carry low or non alcoholic beer generally?

I have a ver low alcholic tolerance and tend get pissed drunk way too early to have any real fun when hanging out with freinds.

Do they still sell that godawful Budweiser shit here? Years ago, that was all the rage among the Thais for reasons that I never figured out, and being an import, ridiculous prices were charged for it. If they still sell that here, that might be your answer.

Hi!

I dubt if you would find it in many bars but there is a German or Swiss bar/restaurant on Beach rd. that some years ago had the non alcoholic beer Clausthaller (spelling?). However the taste is truelly appalling. Why don't you just drink Coke or Sprite or something like that. Soft drinks are available in every bar.

regards

ALHOLK

Ordering soft drinks like Coke, etc. tends to put you in the 'cheap charlie' category in bars since its the least expensive of drinks there. I'll buy the mamasan or girl a drink also to 'prove' i'm not but it gets a bit expensive as you can imagine.

I try eating a lot or putting something in my stomach but I have a strange constitution. I'm just one of those few folks who can not hold much liquor.

I'll keep doing what I normally do. Order Lipo or Lipo w/nit noy vodka. Or Water (nam) and nit noy vodka to dilute its effect. Lipo actually helps speed up the effects.

Thanks for your replies

After several weeks in the LOS my beer and cigarette intake was becoming a bit of a problem. I couldn't find any type of NA beer, and i agree with you 'I'll have a coke' at any bar in the world seems to suggest 'cheap charlie syndrome'. My solution was to order a beer and a large bottle of water. I would be sipping at my beer and drinking water. Later in the evening i would switch to just beer. It seemed to work fine and a bottle of water is chaeper than a coke in many instances. Ever try a bottle of Thai soda water, YEEECH! stick with the flat stuff.

I didn't realize is that a singha is 6% alcohol compared with 3.8% beer in the states. My first week or so in BKK was a blur due to failure to read the label.

Budweiser - "King of Beers"? That bottled toilet water they call beer can be found in Thailand. I was driving to Chantaburi a couple of months ago and was bypassed by a pickup truck full of thais drinking Budweiser. From what (little) I understand, thais like to drink it because it's expensive. I guess there's no other reason... smile.gif

When I get the feeling it is too much, I am just switching to water or other soft drinks.

When I am in the mood again, I will switch back to beer or gin-tonic or tequila or ... what else I want to drink. No problem for me or for other guys, when we are in a group. Everybody wants to feel good and to be happy! smile.gif

>Singha Gold is low alchohol beer,

>

Maybe all Singha Gold is not the same... I had seen this "low alcohol" claim and was shocked to see "5%" on the label - I was expecting 3.x. I guess 5% is 'low' compared to 6%, but "real beer" in most parts of the world.

>but singha tastes like shit so I never tried.

Singha Gold has a distinctly different taste from plain Singha. More hops, I believe. Some people may like it, but not my thing, though. Unfortunately I like Chang for the taste and always curse how quickly it makes me drunk. wink.gif

Alternating between beer and "nahm soda" became my savior on the latest trip, thanks to the advice from this board.

Wagner

So if you don't want to drink spirits, why don't you just stay with some juices or bitter lemon stuff? Try changing between different soft-drinks to avoid getting fed up with always the same taste. Or drink slowly, and keep eating some fatty snacks aside, the fat will connect to the alcohol in your stomach and you drink more easily (don't ask for better explanations pls.) Third way would be having a night with just long-drinks or just breezers.

I always take a pause from the booze when I am on vacation, also take some break from them girls too, because after a couple of days I really feel shitty and kinda worn out. That night is always one of the best on my whole trip! One sober day in my hotel/bungalow room with a good book and I'm going full speed again. Bye, H.

Archived