Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Sundays game will be the "Line is the Sand" if United scrape a 1-0 win I will be happy.

Yes, I have been raving about Adnan Januzaj for a few months now, this guy is brilliant and him signing up for 5 years was better than any new signing. I saw the kid in the U21 team last season and he stood out, I even topk my father who is now 80 years old and still tell me that Duncan Edwards is the best player he has ever seen in his life but now he thinks Januzji is better, if my old man thinks it good enough for me.

Thanks Zaad, it is nice to be top of the pile with a 5 point lead and playing some beautiful football. Big test coming up against Man U on Sunday though.

And we took Ya,

It has taken a few weeks for the boyz to play under Moyes and this was the test and they did it. Typical United Start of slow but get there when it matters

Nice to see v.Persie getting his goal. I'm sure those Arsenal fans trying to unsettle him for this game aren't to pleased about it. v.Persie served them for 8 years I think he deserves more respect. That's my opinion.

Villa doing better as the season progresses so I'm feeling good :)

WC play-off Portugal - Sweden. Looking forward to the upcoming ties.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while. van Persie didn't serve Arsenal for 8 years. He had an injury ravaged Arsenal career and the club stuck by him. He never played a full season until his final season. We understood why he wanted to go. He wanted trophies but as an Arsenal player there are three clubs you do not go to: Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd...possibly Liverpool but the first 3 are definite. Had he gone overseas like Henry, Vieira, Pires, etc. he would have been warmly received as they were. He had intermediaries negotiate behind the scenes with Man Utd and that's why the fans hate him and the Judas expects Arsenal fans to understand. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right but he bleeding well knows that you don't go to Man Utd directly as an Arsenal fan. Anway, what is obvious. Arsenal players are still scared of Man Utd. Man Utd were very beatable. A draw should have been the worst we got there and we played the first half scared of them and it resulted in a goal. Reminds me of the mid '90s when we would fold at OT and it wasn't until Bergkamp arrived that we got the courage to go there and fight for a win earnest. The '98-'04 Arsenal sides were not intimidated at all. I've never known any English side that would go to OT and do what a team did when we (wrongfully) accosted RVN and the other players. it was wrong but it illustrated that we didn't care that we were at OT. I wasn't around back then but my older gooner buddies said the Liverpool sides of the '70s and '80s wouldn't have done anything like that.

Anyway, the league is shaping up. I'm not totall convinced of this Arsenal side. I think at a minimum we will be challenging. I don't think Man Utd drop will not catch us no matter where we finish. 12 points and 20 odd games is not enogh. If it was one of the great sides, yes, but not the Man Utd in this present incarnation. I think we will finish ahead of them no matter what. My guess on how the season will shape up and this is a snapshot picture now is Arsenal, Chelsea and City fight for the title and Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham fight for 4th and try and pick off the weaker of the aforementioned 3 teams. Liverpool will lose Sturridge for 6-8 weeks and that will hurt them and see them go down the table. My hope is Arsenal beat Chelsea at home and draw at City. On their day City is unbeatable. Doesn't matter how well any club in the league plays, if City are firing on all cylinders they will score 4 or 5 goals on you. My hope is we get them on a bad day or average day and draw there. wenger has never beaten Mourinho so psychologically a win over Chelsea at home will be a boost. A draw in both games wouldn't be bad either.

City are the biggest threat and once the players understand Pelligrini and what he wants, they'll win things. Mourinho is playing with someone else's team and he has to emotionally bond with them. He's a relationship manager and he has to establish that and I think its part of their problems with bad results. wenger is the only manager in last season's top four that is here this year and that has paid dividends for continuity and a somewhat soft early schedule.

We MUST get a striker of quality in January. My guess is Man Utd will try for a playmaker and another position. I think its entirely possibly Man Utd finish outside the top 4. Tottenham bought a lot of quality but AVB hasn't been able to make them gel as a unit. Soldado hasn't come good yet. Soton, Everton and Newcastle are having good seasons quietly. Other than Arsenal, big kudos has to be given to Liverpool. Just like us early season, everyone expects them to fall at some point but they keep getting results and they are playing with verve. Its the most wide open EPL season in ages if not ever. One stat works against Arsenal. No EPL club has ever won the league (not talking the old 1st division but the EPL) without being at least 3r the season prior. Arsenal were 4th last season.

Been a while. van Persie didn't serve Arsenal for 8 years. He had an injury ravaged Arsenal career and the club stuck by him. He never played a full season until his final season. We understood why he wanted to go. He wanted trophies but as an Arsenal player there are three clubs you do not go to: Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd...possibly Liverpool but the first 3 are definite. Had he gone overseas like Henry, Vieira, Pires, etc. he would have been warmly received as they were. He had intermediaries negotiate behind the scenes with Man Utd and that's why the fans hate him and the Judas expects Arsenal fans to understand. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right but he bleeding well knows that you don't go to Man Utd directly as an Arsenal fan. Anway, what is obvious. Arsenal players are still scared of Man Utd. Man Utd were very beatable. A draw should have been the worst we got there and we played the first half scared of them and it resulted in a goal. Reminds me of the mid '90s when we would fold at OT and it wasn't until Bergkamp arrived that we got the courage to go there and fight for a win earnest. The '98-'04 Arsenal sides were not intimidated at all. I've never known any English side that would go to OT and do what a team did when we (wrongfully) accosted RVN and the other players. it was wrong but it illustrated that we didn't care that we were at OT. I wasn't around back then but my older gooner buddies said the Liverpool sides of the '70s and '80s wouldn't have done anything like that.

Anyway, the league is shaping up. I'm not totall convinced of this Arsenal side. I think at a minimum we will be challenging. I don't think Man Utd drop will not catch us no matter where we finish. 12 points and 20 odd games is not enogh. If it was one of the great sides, yes, but not the Man Utd in this present incarnation. I think we will finish ahead of them no matter what. My guess on how the season will shape up and this is a snapshot picture now is Arsenal, Chelsea and City fight for the title and Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham fight for 4th and try and pick off the weaker of the aforementioned 3 teams. Liverpool will lose Sturridge for 6-8 weeks and that will hurt them and see them go down the table. My hope is Arsenal beat Chelsea at home and draw at City. On their day City is unbeatable. Doesn't matter how well any club in the league plays, if City are firing on all cylinders they will score 4 or 5 goals on you. My hope is we get them on a bad day or average day and draw there. wenger has never beaten Mourinho so psychologically a win over Chelsea at home will be a boost. A draw in both games wouldn't be bad either.

City are the biggest threat and once the players understand Pelligrini and what he wants, they'll win things. Mourinho is playing with someone else's team and he has to emotionally bond with them. He's a relationship manager and he has to establish that and I think its part of their problems with bad results. wenger is the only manager in last season's top four that is here this year and that has paid dividends for continuity and a somewhat soft early schedule.

We MUST get a striker of quality in January. My guess is Man Utd will try for a playmaker and another position. I think its entirely possibly Man Utd finish outside the top 4. Tottenham bought a lot of quality but AVB hasn't been able to make them gel as a unit. Soldado hasn't come good yet. Soton, Everton and Newcastle are having good seasons quietly. Other than Arsenal, big kudos has to be given to Liverpool. Just like us early season, everyone expects them to fall at some point but they keep getting results and they are playing with verve. Its the most wide open EPL season in ages if not ever. One stat works against Arsenal. No EPL club has ever won the league (not talking the old 1st division but the EPL) without being at least 3r the season prior. Arsenal were 4th last season.

Great post can see Arsenal winning the league this season.Don't think City have been consistent enough

• 2 weeks later...

What really stood out for me was the hatred Vieira had for RVN...lol. Fantastic player but a snidely, sneaky, weasley fouler. Still think Vieira was the better of the two. Second thing that stood out was how highly Vieira thought of Scholes. I hated the ginger prick.

What really stood out for me was the hatred Vieira had for RVN...lol. Fantastic player but a snidely, sneaky, weasley fouler. Still think Vieira was the better of the two. Second thing that stood out was how highly Vieira thought of Scholes. I hated the ginger prick.

you may have hated the 'ginger prick'.but paddy was talking about his admiration for a fine player.