Some Things Would Stick In Your Mind Forever ...

gobbledonk

Ironically, Infantry was always placed head and shoulders above the other 'front line' Corps in the Australian Army, right up to the top job as Chief of Army, despite (or because of) the fairly miserable lot of the average infantry soldier in the field. When I left, grunts were the only soldiers eligible for the Combat badge:

http://www.army.gov....ry-Combat-Badge

It would seem that there is another badge for non-Infantry soldiers:

http://www.army.gov....my-Combat-Badge

...stark contrast to the Thais and Filipinos who seem to give themselves a new ribbon for every successful tent-pitching exercise ....

How many border clashes do you reckon this lot have fought in ? That's a lot of ribbons for a military that hasnt had a fullscale engagement in how long ?

The Philippines has been fighting a Muslim insurgency for decades.

The Philippines has been fighting a Muslim insurgency for decades.

As have the Thais - touche. Big difference between that an a fullblown war, but combat is combat - point taken. I would shit my pants just catching a bus thru Pattani in broad daylight - cant be much fun wandering around in the bush after dark.

Actually you don't look that different,

For others reading this Flash is the guy in the white suit, far right, with the bad wig.

:)

Gobble is the one wearing pink and looking dam good!

Was that a episode of Star Trek?

Why thank you, kind sir. I was just a slip of a thing, all starry-eyed when Bill Shatner motioned for me to follow him to his trailer on the set of Star Trek. I seem to recall that he liked to wear the full Klingon uniform, and that there was an unusual amount of grunting involved. That's all behind him now, and he really needs Scotty to beam his balls up off the deck.

captain-kirk.jpg

kirk-s-guide-to-women.jpg

Resistance really was futile.

Archived