Liquor Prices Up In Thailand!

cavanami

Does it really?

People are talking 3-4 bahts up for the beer. While you spend money on airline and hotel, well, it might be necessary to you to be there but the beer prices are not important to at least 80% of the 20 million tourists coming to Thai.

Does it really?

People are talking 3-4 bahts up for the beer. While you spend money on airline and hotel, well, it might be necessary to you to be there but the beer prices are not important to at least 80% of the 20 million tourists coming to Thai.

I never have the slightest clue what you are talking about :dunno:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you don't understand Baht

I did not see bahts when I first looked at the post. Edited it afterwards? I saw you doing that before.

And who said that working in communist gulag in the armpits of the world is not right place for some?

One who was an electrician, was led by his own greed to a 200K freelance contract in Iraq. Ended up in orange jumpsuit and 3 islamists in front of video camera.

The entire tourism industry and consumption is ~6% of Thai GDP. 14 bil US$.

The tsunami of Boxing Day 2004. that devastated Phuket and tarred the whole country as risky, made NO dent in the GDP in 2005. As if it had never happened, the entire tourism almost immatterial to the economy.

"Golden goose" tourists are not beer drinker but Muslims, who don't drink, and come for medical treatment. Million of them a year. Each has a companion, for them a special visa has been established, 3 months for the patient and up to 3 companions. They bring 5 bil US$ to the economy without sipping a drop of booze.

Farang beer drinkers are somewhere at the level of a statistical error, who cares about them.

"Medical Tourism" it is called, 5 bil US$ a year. Muslims coming to Thai for that are golden goose, for those expenses, not for what they might drink. Tax medical treatments or submit them to humiliating visa rules and that would be killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

It all started whe someone said farang drinkers are "golden goose". They are irrelevant, if not single one came for a year the economy would not notice.

Archived