Sutheps Declaration Of War On Police

waerth

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tavorn declares victory after protesters allowed to enter police compound

Rally leader Tavorn Senniem on Tuesday declared victory after Metropolitan Police Bureau allowed the anti-government protesters to enter the compound.

Tavorn however said the protesters will not enter the compound but will march outside and will give flowers to police representatives who he said supported the protesters.

"The victory we have today is at a certain stage. However this will minimise possible loss and confrontation like yesterday," he said.

Democrat-affiliated Blue Sky sattlelite channel broadcast live the protesters’ demolition of cement barricades set up earlier to block them.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Tavorn-declares-victory-after-protesters-allowed-t-30221244.html

I don't think anything odd about this, I would suspect something like

<<Those in charge to Suthep (read what you want as to who they are)

"OK - this is going no where, so here's the deal, we're going to make sure the police arrest you, in return you get to declare victory, what do you want from us to declare victory"

Suthep

Can I occupy the Police HQ?

"Sure, you can do that, declare victory and then we arrest you, and you can be a martyr"

Methinks something like that, also note he doesn't have a lot of friends on the "Yellow" side, so I suspect they would have been going :-

"Maaate, great deal, take it!">>

No conspiracy ... almost everything is generic. The only thing possibly unique I saw were the hair clips (whatever you call them) that say "occupy Rachadamnern" or something like that, and they could also just as easily be used for by anyone else who protests there. The whistles were a brilliant idea of someone connected with this protest, but are simply an ordinary plastic whistle hung on a ribbon with the national colours.

I also had the feeling that the vendors would be just as happy to sell them to anyone else in the future. Money is money. Nice souvenirs though all the same ...

p.s. The hand clappers are clearly marked "made in China" and I saw vendors attaching more whistles to the ribbons themselves.

Protesters storm into Government House compound

Protesters stormed into the Government House's compound at 12:50 pm.

One of them used a bolt-cutter to open a gate at 12:47 pm. Then the protesters stormed in at 12:50 pm.

They began to sit down on the front lawn. Their cheers and whistle sounds reverberated in the compound.

At 10 am, police made way for protesters to reach the fence of the Government House and while protesters were about to enter the compound, the leaders asked them to wait.

At 12:47 pm, the leaders signaled them to go inside.

http://www.nationmul...d-30221253.html

Deputy police chief says police give in for fear of attacks by third party

Deputy Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Worapong Chiewpreecha said Tuesday that police gave in and stopped blocking protesters for fear of attacks by third-party assailants.

Worapong said police allowed protesters to enter the Metropolitan Police Bureau because some persons fired live bullets at police during the clashes throughout Monday night.

He said the clashes at the Orathai Bridge saw several cars and police vehicles burned down.

Police checked the area and found several guns, he said.

He said had police continued to fend off protesters, third-party assailants would have taken the chance to create a situation that might lead to high casualties.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Deputy-police-chief-says-police-give-in-for-fear-o-30221254.html

Archived