People Power Gets Stronger

Flashermac

It will be interesting to see how Mr Suthep responds to the DSI charges against him.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lite/breakingnews/384439/dsi-suthep-probe-to-get-special-status

"The DSI would propose Mr Suthep be indicted on charges of insurrection and violating Section 112 of the Criminal Code, also known as the lese majeste law."

He has a choice: He can follow Mr Thaksin's and Pheu Thai's examples, and refuse to show up, claiming the charges are politically motivated, or he can set an example for Mr Thaksin and Pheu Thai and take his medicine like a man.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DSI is in Thaksin's pocket. What a surprise! (I'd wager on Suthep telling them, "Come and get me.")

p.s. Got to work today and the mae bahn (charwoman) is complaining about how tired her legs are. Turns out she marched with Suthep and had phone pics to show it. She said the streets were lined with crowds all the way, cheering them on and blowing whistles. This is a graying woman who works for near minimum wages and comes from Khonkaen. She is raising 3 children whose mother abandoned them. Yet I still keep reading in the press how the protesters are Bangkok's upper middle class. Whom should I believe?

Archived