The "best" nearby place for VISA runs? Any recent info?

"...800 baht for single, 1,200 baht for multiple reentry."

At the Immigration office, it's 500 baht for single reentry, 1000 baht for multiple reentry; should be the same at the airport?

"I made a visa run to Vientienne last week, to get a fresh Class "O". "

I have to ask, if you are eligible for type O, why are you making visa run at all? Can't you go to immigration and get stamped for 1 year at at time (reporting in with address every 90 days)? Or at worst, getting a 1year multi-entry from Panag or something and then getting new entry stamp at border every 90 days?

TH

I'd stay clear of any Thai embassy, stick to the consulates.

They seem to be run on a (slightly) commercial basis.

Penang seems to be ok, well, as at 4 weeks ago it was....

Good luck.

I got told that I should not deal with the man outside the consulate as he is another visa middleman/fixer with the same potential for problems as an office in BKK.

Anyone else add light to this ?

Just an observation as well, why go all the way there and then not do it yourself ?

Just stick to the guys outside the Swiss Hotel.

They only charge 14RM for their service and getting to the consulate is a PITA.

I wouldn't use some guy hanging around outside the consulate.

A long shot, but I'll give it a plug anyway ... we need the money! At the moment Thai Airways have a special 60 day max (not sure of min??) return flight daily to Perth, Western Australia for 14,500 baht incl all taxes (except BKK airport)... a 6 hour direct flight .. check that your flight doesn't touch down at Phuket.. some do. There's a nice little consulate there on Adelaide Terrace that hands out multiple entry visas like confetti.... only open Tuesday and Thursday mornings though. Give yourself a pleasant break in a falang country with some of the finest wines, beaches and wilderness scenery in the world.... you can even get a shag for about 3,000 baht!

Perth 15C - 24C in winter (Jun-Aug) and it rains sometimes, but in the far north of the state like Broome it's magnificent right now 30C and dry. More details if anyone wants. Just ask.

Good luck, mate.

Last year I got a visa in Ho Chi Min City. It was easy at the time.

I t is a great city with beautiful friendly girls, great food and fun bars and discos.

No it's not the WA Tourist Authority ... truth is I'm getting Reward Points down at Perth's Aphrodite's Massage Parlour for every farang I bring in! Lean pickings so far though. Nearest I've got to a pussy is warming the dunny seat for the girls.

Archived