Ghost at the Grace Hotel

Co_Van_My

A little more than a year ago, someone asked about the legend of the ghost at the Grace Hotel. Here is my response. However, the definitive story about the ghost was subsequently posted by "Joe Red Man from Italy."

It is almost a short novel, about 8 pages long. I find it fascinating, and if anyone wants the full story (and assuming that KS will permit it), I will post it.

In the meantime, here's my own short take.

10/30/00 Co Van My

The gist of the story is that a guest died a bloody death in one of the 7th-floor rooms in the old wing a few years ago. The staff and all bar girls who have heard the story are convinced that the room is haunted, and that the ghosting sometimes spills over into the corridor and other nearby rooms. I forget the cause of death.

The 7th floor of the old wing has a definite aura. It is shabby, even by Grace standards. The old wing is accessible from the hallway at the LEFT of the registration desk. In that wing, the elevator ends at the 6th floor. From the elevator, one must walk a few meters down a dim hallway, then turn into a carpeted stairway that leads to the 7th floor. The entire 7th floor corridor is a musty, dimly lit walkway, strewn with remnants of trash and food, because, I'm told, the staff doesn't like to go up there to clean. As a matter of fact, I had to carry my own luggage to the room. For some mysterious reason, no bellhop was available to help me.

In the room , the wallpaper was slowly peeling away. When I tested the plumbing, the water in the bathtub ran blood red for a few moments, due to rust in the pipes, I'm sure, aggravated by long periods of disuse.

I declined to stay there, not because of the ghost (I didn't know the story then), but because it was extraordinarily shabby. Now, having heard the ghost story, my memory has probably been embellished. But I remember not having a very comfortable feeling about the place. I immediately checked out and went to the Montien.

Let me know if you want to read the whole story.

Co Van My

quote:

Originally posted by Co Van My:

10/30/00 Co Van My

The gist of the story is that a guest died a bloody death in one of the 7th-floor rooms in the old wing a few years ago. The staff and all bar girls who have heard the story are convinced that the room is haunted, and that the ghosting sometimes spills over into the corridor and other nearby rooms. I forget the cause of death.

Co Van My

I think the ghosting has spilled over to the coffee shop and nightclub too, losts of scary looking spectres in both!

Cheers

Jaga

The Nana Hotel has at least one haunted room, maybe more. The Honey Hotel has one too. I'm sure all the older hotel must. Just ask the bar girls. They all KNOW which rooms not to stay in!

p.s. In the Honey Hotel (close to Soi Cowboy), a woman was found apparently scalded to death in the bathtub in a room. Or so the story goes. Don't remember the stories about the Grace, except that wierd things happen around that room

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Flash I heard thatthe girl on the 7th floor of the Grace Hotel died from either eating a Grace coffee shop hamburger or from suffercation caused by a 380 pound Saudi laying on her.

Archived