A Step Backwards in NEP

Sarisin

Man, I was just getting to love the scene in NEP these days. Most bars sported cute, spunky topless dancers on stage. Some were starting to bring back shows. Mandarin was looking like a great new bar. Everything was on track to, yes, I will say it....'The Good Ole Days.'

Then, last night a step backwards to the former Dark Ages of NEP we all hated so much.

I was out with some of the sanukers last night. We started in The Cathouse where TopCat was our usual gracious host. TC, those kittens of your are starting to look better and better. I might just have to get neutered to avoid jumping on one. smile.gif

Then, we headed over to my #1 rated gogo bar in Bangkok - Angelwitch. I was shocked when we walked in. Not only were those lovely pole monkeys wearing their tops, but they were also wearing those cover thingys they wear when they are not dancing. And, they WERE dancing on stage wearing these things.

A few words with the owner disclosed that there was the possibility of a visit by everyone's Simon Le Gree himself, Minister Purachai. So, there would be no showing in the entire of NEP this night. All bars were told to be on their best behavior.

This turned out to be true as in Fantasia there were no topless babes there either. At least they were not wearing the covers.

Also, while in AW, we heard that Mandarin had been closed down and some of the staff arrested. We heard there was some sort of violation of their license. Later, we went by Mandarin, and it appeared to be open (although their neon sign was turned off). I spotted the farang mamasan/manager and she looked extremely down-in-the-dumps. No way would I approach her to see what was going on lest she fling me off the second floor onto a row of motos below.

Anyway, the mood in NEP was kinda subdued last night and it reminded me of a few months back when the crackdown was in full swing. Let's hope this was an aberration and things will be back to normal tonight.

PS. On a walk to Thermae at 12:30pm I spotted many, many good-looking freelancers working Sukhumvit. Also, plenty at the food tables. Finally, Thermae was as good as I have seen it in a long time. So good, for me, that I ended my evening by taking a doubleheader out of the place. You will be able to read a bit about these excellent two honeys in my story, 'Thermeden' soon to be posted on Khun Sanuk's paysite.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>PS. On a walk to Thermae at 12:30pm I spotted many, many good-looking freelancers working Sukhumvit. Also, plenty at the food tables. Finally, Thermae was as good as I have seen it in a long time. <<

Could be because Dollhouse Clinton was shut down last night. I don't know the reasons why but was told by one of the dancers from there, when I saw her on Cowboy.

Cowboy was as normal last night with nudity, but I did notice a slightly higher than normal police presence.

I got a surprise visit of a girl at 0100 am. She works in Cowboy and she said the police was raiding bars for girls under 20 and without id cards. She is 18 and lost her ID card recently. I had seen it before, so I "know" she is 18. At least I hope so. So Cowboy also wasn't normal at fridaynight. At least I got a nice night out of it.

Crazy Man

Saturday Mandarin back to normal. Am told that there was a minor licence problem about dancing. But now all solved. Or maybe the local Police just wanted to let everybody(the new Mandarin in particular) know they are still in charge.

Everywhere else seemed as before

Just for you Sarsin!

[color:blue]one time again, NEP is nearly over since 12 month!color=blue>

Please take this in a joking, friendly spirit, I just had to comment. I read this sentence over and over again but still just can't figure out what it means. Is it English?

Thanks, Mr. Toad. It was very nice out last night.

I hit a few bars in Soi Cowboy and a few in NEP.

Tilac remains my favorite gogo bar in SC. They have recently added a half dozen or so stunners to their already fine lineup. Add the imported German beer (Wursteiner's and Erdinger) to the mix, and you have a wonderful place to party.

An informal going away party for Ranger and the Mrs. last night drew about 20 of us to Midnite. I just love the music in Midnite and this place is the one bar I find mesmerizing. I enjoy just sitting and watching the nekkid ladies dance, and, damn, they sure do dance good! Funny, I never seem to have any luck with the ladies in this bar, but I don't mind. Last night I had one whacked out (drugs of some sort, I think) dancer slobber allover me and ask me three times over the space of an hour to pay bar for her.

NEP was jumping last night too and the titties are back on display. There was a brief coverup period while I was in Rainbow 3, but that didn't last long. Angelwitch was back to 'normal' too and they have a nice assortment of big hooter gals on stage there.

Finally, I stayed in DC-10 until the lights came on just before 2am. That bar was rocking with an assortment of dancers and girls in their civvies on stage. I brought my packs of glitter gel with me, and spent many happy moments applying the gel to lots of Thai female flesh (also there was collateral damage as Jammy Bugger, Short-Time and I got covered in the sparkly stuff too). I just wish the party could have been extended past the Purachai Witching Hour.

Yes, Friday night was just a bad blip on the crackdown radar screen, and LOS is back to where I like it. laugh.gif

Sarisin,

"An informal going away party for Ranger and the Mrs. last night drew about 20 of us to Midnite. I just love the music in Midnite and this place is the one bar I find mesmerizing. I enjoy just sitting and watching the nekkid ladies dance, and, damn, they sure do dance good! Funny, I never seem to have any luck with the ladies in this bar, but I don't mind. Last night I had one whacked out (drugs of some sort, I think) dancer slobber allover me and ask me three times over the space of an hour to pay bar for her. "

I guess you didn't look very carefully at the girl that was with me at Midnite, cuz it wasn't the Mrs! The Mrs did in fact show up briefly, which really put a damper on my evening as I had to get one of my buddies to pretend to be with my date. He used the time to get her phone number and make a date with her tomorrow!

Also, somebody made off with my cell phone. Probably the same whacked out chick that was pestering you as she was briefly in my lap until I pushed her away. She disappeared from the bar (off to sell my phone, no doubt) and the manager tells me that "she sometimes freelances there". What the hell?

Ranger

Ranger,

I am not a regular in Midnite. But, if I was, I would have reported that lady to management. She was also harassing the two guys that were with me, and I clearly caught her trying to get her hands in my pocket twice. Further, I offered to buy her a drink if she went away. She agreed, said I had to pay up front, then wandered away with my 100 baht and never bothered to buy that drink or, naturally, bring back any change. It was a good strategy, however, as she did stay away from me the rest of the time I was there.

I did see her bothering a few guys sitting at the bar later, and when it was her turn to dance on stage, she looked pretty pathetic up there. Sorry, to hear you lost your phone. Also, sorry for the mixup on the ladies. I did send a drink over (via the big lady) to both of you. Hope you got them.

I guess I was a bit disoriented after that pest came after me. On the other hand, I am so used to seeing you with stunners, it is easy to get confused with who THE missus might be. laugh.gif

If I don't see you before 'wheels up,' I wish you the best and will see you when you get back.

Sarisin,

I did have a word with the manager and didn't get a whole lot of satisfaction. I'll stop back on Monday, but I am not expecting much. One of my other friends also reported feeling this girls hand in his pocket. Not much is going to happen now other than the girl getting fired. It's not like she's going to admit it and hand me back my phone and I don't have 100% proof that she took it, only strong suspicions.

The Big Lady did bring me a couple of drinks, but neglected to tell me that they were from you. I just assumed my date had ordered them. So, thanks for the drinks and the well wishes.

Ranger

Archived