Snakes

Had quite a few in the garden over the years. Last one was a chain viper, not nice!

On a job on top of the big hill on Samui years back I went in early morning to do some outside work. Mount some tactical link antennas and a GPS antenna on one of the towers. Now the towers were square section and had square hollow cross arms supporting the antennas. On top of one I found what I first thought was a length of unused cable sheathing, we used to use some grey woven type, inspection showed it was actually a snake skin, about 1.5m long. Hmm I think wonder where the snake went, my second thought was maybe it was still on the tower. I came down rather quicker than I went up and sure enough I'd woken it from sleeping inside the hollow tube. A couple of the RTAF guys on site advised that if a trip to the hospital had been needed they 'might' have been able to make it in time :eek:

We have a 2 meter snake skin right outside our office! Never seen the snake :dunno:

I know a snake is living is a hole in front of the ranch as I have seen it moving about at night. This one is 1 1/2 meters long.

We don't have any noo (rats) around the ranch!!

Archived