Furnished Apartments in Pattaya

Steve

How much per month would a 2br, 2ba (if they have them available) furnished apartment with security in Pattaya.

I know it may depend on what part of Pattaya, Jomiten, etc.

I'm looking for a range from low end to high end and various parts of town. Especially those with ocean views.

Hi Steve,

I was considering a permanent move to Pattaya, but finally decided to stay in Bangkok.

I was looking for a big 3-bedroom apt. and having a problem finding one for under 50,000 baht a month. You are right, as usual with real estate, location was important too.

I did, however, see many nice 2-bedroom apts. in the 30 - 40, 000 baht range. Some just beautiful. Nicely furnished, good area, great views, security, amenties, facilities. It just depends on whether you want to be in Jomtien, N. Pattaya, or the city.

You can check the classifieds of Pattayamail, but I like browsing the real estate sites like:

www.realestatethai.com

and

www.scrhomefinder.com

They have photos and that is helpful. I have been told to not USE a real estate agent however, as it is more expensive.

I am still considering getting a place in Pattaya next year, but I will likely buy a studio apt instead of renting a big place. I really prefer living in Bangkok, and visiting Pattaya rather than the other way around.

Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks, that is my dilemna. I was thinking of splitting time in both cities. I plan on a fairly long stay, several months. Both has its advantages and disadvantages as you no doubt know.

BKK pros: more to do; cons: expensive

Pattaya pros: do i have to say?! lol. Ocean, I love ocean views even though the water there is generally not clean. also, cost of living in comparison to Bkk; Cons: not much in terms of other things to do than beer bars and go gos.

You've given me some things to consider. I briefly considered a timeshare but ruled it out due to many factors.

Hi!

In reply to:

[color:green]Cons: not much in terms of other things to do than beer bars and go gos.color=green>

That is a common misconception about Pattaya. If you can be bothered to look into it just about every possible activity on earth is available there.

regards

ALHOLK

I live in Pattaya so I thought that I would throw in my two cents. I like living by the water for whatever reason, I think that having an apartment with a sea view relaxes me. I've been living in View Talay for two years now and they are still my favorite condos, they are also the most successful condos in Pattaya and are in the process of adding on two new buildings. As far as rent goes, a one bedroom usually goes for 20-25 thousand baht and a two bedroom for 25-30 thousand baht.

Then what View Talay complex condo did I look at last week?! Whilst the studio condo was quite okay inside, nothing wrong with it, the complex buiding (B was it?) did nothing for me - the corridors looked like a prison-cell area and the entrance like a public-housing block. Do I assume that this (Block B) is not the building to look at and that the A block is superior?

All of the condos are owned by individual owners so they can vary greatly in appearance. There are three other buildings besides building B but if you are looking for something more upscale you probably won't find it in a studio, just my opinion.

Archived