$100K Raised For Abandoned Baby With Down Syndrome Born To Thai Surrogate

bust

Reports this morning are that the doctors at the hospital did not disclose the second baby. Utter bullshit IMHO. I am sure as surrogates they would have been closely monitoring the prgenancy and knew all along they were having twins.

• Like 1

But her case would be in Australia! Remember the father is an Aussie.

. True, but that is only if the mother pursues it. It seems like most Thai mothers are like my wife and will not force the father to pay (if the father refuses). Hopefully, with the publicity and help from others, she sticks to to the couple.

There is such a thing as child support in Thailand, but the father usually buggers off and refuses to pay it. I presume that comes from the old style village "marriage", where a guy simply moved in with the wife's family and helped with the farm labour. If the marriage broke up, the "husband" simply wandered off and the wife's parents raised the children. (All of the nonsense about "sin sot" is not Thai. It's Chinese! But plenty of Thai families nowadays will try and get it for their daughters anyway. :p )

The Bangkok "hi-so" are Chinese. ;)

One of my colleagues married a hi-so gal, not even realising how wealthy her family was. The future father-in-law "loaned" the groom one million baht. Then the groom returned the loan as the sin sot. :)

I remember seeing the royal representative at their wedding reception ... former PM Thanin Kraiwien! My colleague was the son of a high school teacher in the States, and the bride's new American in-laws were bugeyed at the wealth they saw. All of the guests handed the newly wed couple the usual gift envelopes filled with money. The groom told me that after all the bills had been paid (food, booze, entertainment, huge ice sculpture etc), they still had a million baht in gift money left over. That is the way to get hitched in style! :surprised:

...and the lo-so Thais have latched on to the idea of the sin sut :dunno:

This makes for a big event in Isaan...the events that I have seen, the Isaan people

had thick Chinese blood and they went on and on about how much gold was given and

how much money...up to them...

the Isaan people had thick Chinese blood

What? Are you talking about those little brown buggers with webbed feet and flat noses?

No self-respecting Chinese Thai would spend more than a week in Issan before scurrying back to the blue-blooded hisos in Krungthep.