Exclusive Lady Carriage Becomes Popular, Fully Booked

Flashermac

Lady carriage service exclusively for women, girls and boys under ten on four train routes have become popular and fully booked, Prasert Attanan, acting governor of the State Railway of Thailand, said Sunday.

The services started Friday with one carriage of 40 seats on each of four trains - Bangkok -Sungai Kolok, Bangkok - Chiang Mai, Bangkok Ubon Ratchathani and Bangkok Nong Khai.

Prasert said the SRT would review the services in three months. He said the SRT would not cancel the services even if the SRT would suffer a loss. And the SRT might also add the Lady carriage service to the Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat train soon.

http://www.nationmul...k-30240142.html

The blatant bigotry and intolerance toward males is an outrage. Do males get their own carriage? If the open carriages are full will they deny boarding to paying men if seats are empty in the "vaginas only" carriage?

Do women traveling alone have to ride in the female carriage? or do they have a choice? Can kathoeys prance between and betwixt all the carriages?

Wrong on so many levels. I think men should boycott Trains of Thailand.

I've seen reserved parking spaces in front of our local Tesco that say "Mother And Child."

Nothing about "Father and Child."

"WTF," I thought, as I eased into the extra wide slot right smack dab in front of the store. This is Thailand. I'll wiggle my ass as I walk in carrying my baby, nobody will challenge me.

Nobody did. It's clearly a sexist policy. Why do people seem to think it's OK?

http://en.khaosod.co...ate=06&section=

Mass Theft On Train With 'Ladies-Only' Sleeping Car

SONGKHLA - Passengers on a southbound train were reportedly robbed in their sleep just metres away from the lady-only car installed in the wake of a deadly rape on the same rail route last month.

The incident took place at around 3 am on Thaksin (southbound) Express Train no. 37, which was traveling from Bangkok to Narathiwat province this morning, police said.

According to Pol.Col. Witset Ketpan, deputy commander of Thai Railway Police, nine passengers said they lost their phones and cash in the theft. 30 passengers were in the car at the time, Pol.Col. Wiset said, adding that the perpetrator managed to remove sim cards from all the victims' phoens and left them behind, in order to avoid tracking from the police.

"I believe the thief was on the same car," Pol.Col. Wiset said.

Seems the security is working well .... for the thieves.