Arizona Nine-Year Old In Uzi Gun Lesson Accident

The_Munchmaster

cav,

you just made my point, the constitution is old, passe and needs urgent reforming !

it seems you consider it like a bible, believing every single word is holy and not up for modernising into the 21st century......

THAT is the point.....

how many more children must die before the US will wake up ?

BB

Then amend the damn thing! That's the way it is done, not just by ignoring the parts you disagree with (much as our politicians would love to).

The Second Amendment says the "rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." But it doesn't specify what type of arms. As I said earlier, it is illegal to own fully automatic weapons in every state of the Union. The acception is by obtaining an expensive and dificult to get federal licence for them. (Rich people like Hank Williams Jr have one, so they can play with their machine guns. :p )

Note that cities like New York banned private ownership of hand guns decades ago (for political reasons, not safety.) I have always wonder how such laws would hold up in court, since they are clearly an infringement. :hmmm:

Like Unit731, I lived with fully automatic weapons for some time (M14AR and M16A1). They are not for kids and some of them kick like a mule. What's next, teaching your kid how to use a BAR? The parents should be charged for something simply for taking their 9-year-old daughter to the range to fire such a weapon. I've never fired an Uzi, but I understand it kicks back hard on fully auto. Standard practice is to put one hand on top of it to help hold it down. Also, since when does an instructor stand next to someone on the firing range, instead of behind them? I can't say I'm surprised by what happened when this 3rd grade student was turned loose with something she should never have had her hands on. :(

p.s. Glorify gun violence? Who, us???

cav,

you just made my point, the constitution is old, passe and needs urgent reforming !

it seems you consider it like a bible, believing every single word is holy and not up for modernising into the 21st century......

THAT is the point.....

how many more children must die before the US will wake up ?

BB

Since you have all the answers, get yourself an American citizenship, live in the USA for some decades so you

understand the place , then maybe your ideas will have some credibility.

Since you have all the answers, get yourself an American citizenship, live in the USA for some decades so you

understand the place , then maybe your ideas will have some credibility.

cav,

since we try to have an adult discussion, and since all you can bring up is this, it looks like you have no arguments at all :)

BB