Bureaucracy

Rumour has it that the goverment is going to make things easier for us poor simple Thai's, and the need for numerous copies of documents required at goverment offices is to be abolished, and just ID will suffice in future for most things. Of course for the rich intelligent farang's nothing will change in the amount of paperwork required.

What they hey does the Thai gov do with all that paperwork? all the pictures?

Hello, please learn this now word...computer..

maybe I will be stressing you (Thai gov) but a few more new words...scanner, digital photos...

Thailand is not China, where the Chinese gov keeps everyone employed via mountains of paperwork... :dunno:

I'd beg to differ on that last statement. I think Thailand does just that in a number of government and quasi government organisations. NBTC and Aero-Thai being just two that I've had regular dealings with. The behind the scenes paperchase operation employs a gazillion people unnecessarily filing and collecting, moving and checking paper that is for the most part completely unnecessary. Immigration might be more familiar to some and is another operation that over employs. Why is it necessary to fill out a TM6 on arrival? What happens to them? Some countries don't even ask you to fill in anything on arrival these days, a number in ME anyway. I think the RTP could probably operate as effectively(sic) if not considerably more so were it reduced to about one third its current size and all paid 3 times their current salary. Don't even start with the military, the RTAF is probably only third in line with it's number of senior staff officers after China and North Korea

But I get the social engineering aspect that possibly escapes a few, it keeps a larger number of the workforce on meagre payrolls each getting a small slice of the fixed size cake so depressing the overall average wage whilst at the same time reducing the number of unemployed which in a country without any welfare support might quickly lead to social unrest and the consequent threat to those in power.

I still remember going in to China and having to show and then fill out paperwork for my lap top! upon leaving

China, you best have that paperwork!!

While working in China, we would drive from one gov office to another and then another and then another, seeming

to never end...and they had a network of computers for "easy" access of the info that we had to chase around for!\

China always boasted of zero unemployment and there was a reason for that...millions of BS (useless) jobs!!!

Thailand looks small in comparison...