Thai Wife :)

Coss

The seed was sown not when she won the lottery but when she started to squirrel money away to first put down a deposit and then pay the mortgage on this Thai house, all without her husband's knowledge.

If truth be known, I suspect she probably raised the issue of building or buying a house in LOS many times over and met with disdain and outright refusal. With no other option but to go behind her husband's back, the lottery win could hardly be disclosed when it would finish paying off the house (and presumably then some).

So perhaps the husband is the root cause of all this, though he could presumably use some of the residual $300k. Perhaps she will "win" the Thai lottery and buy the house and admit it to the hubby !

Had she been a total bad apple, she'd never have done something so useful as buy a house and now with $300k in her pocket, she'd leave him in a heartbeat.

Two sides to this story.

• Like 1

"perhaps the husband is the root cause of all this"

Now on my third marriage, I can concur with the above statement, the husband is always wrong, though the current missus is the first I've known who has apologised to me, on occasion, when she is wrong. Very unsettling...