Gallery Of Famous Pictures In History

Jane was beheaded at the same curve in the road in Louisiana where one of my sister's high school friends was killed, a really deadly location. (My sister's classmate had enlisted in the USMC. He was riding in a car with his Marine Corps buddies, when the driver smacked into that surprise bend in the road lined with trees. I think Johnny Horton may have been killed at the same spot.)

Not true...Jane was not beheaded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_Mansfield#Death

Reports that Mansfield was decapitated are untrue, although she suffered severe head trauma. The urban legend was spawned by the appearance in police photographs of a crashed car with its top virtually sheared off, and what resembled a blonde-haired head tangled in the car's smashed windshield. However, this was probably either a wig Mansfield was wearing or her actual hair and scalp.[315] The death certificate stated that the immediate cause of Mansfield's death was a "crushed skull with avulsion of cranium and brain".[316] After her death, the NHTSA recommended requiring an underride guard (a strong bar made of steel tubing) on all tractor-trailers, although the trucking industry was slow to adopt this change. This bar is known as a "Mansfield bar", or an "ICC bar".[317][318]