35 Inconvenient Truths - 8 Years On

Coss

I've already said - 'I don't argue against "CO2 increases with the use of fossil fuels" it does.' I just don't buy into the assertion that the world will end because of human influence.

But you did! You brought up the permafrost reductions as the cause for CO2 increase.

This data suggest that temperature (T) and CO2 both increase and decrease in phase with each other in a ~120,000-year cycle. This cycle has also been observed in the periods analyzed in the Antarctic Taylor Dome ice core records6 and in the Arctic V 19-30 core for Uvigerina Senticosa.4

http://web.mit.edu/angles2008/angles_Emmanuel_Quiroz.html

"But you did! You brought up the permafrost reductions as the cause for CO2 increase."

I brought up that, as an example of the Egg and Chicken argument. Which one causes the other? I don't know the answer, I just propose an alternate explanation to the perceived status quo.

​And my saying that "CO2 increases with the use of fossil fuels" it does.' is not the same as saying "permafrost reductions are the cause for CO2 increase".

One is about fossil fuels - the other is about Permafrost.

The current CO2 increases are caused by burning fossil fuels.

Some of the current CO2 increases are caused by burning fossil fuels. Not all.

It is not caused by rising temperature.

Then the Permafrost contribution argument must be, according to you, untrue.

Some of the current CO2 increases are caused by burning fossil fuels. Not all.

Then the Permafrost contribution argument must be, according to you, untrue.

According to the science, not me! I already gave the citation. The burning of fossil fuels is the dominate, main cause of the increase in CO2 levels. You have given zero data on how much CO2 comes from thawed permafrost regions.

Hang on, they're screaming doom and gloom (or rather doom and hellfire) on data that shows that 2014 is the warmest year on record since 1880.

Gosh, even though the planet has been much warmer in the past (see graph below), before we used petrol, before 1880, we must be doomed because the graph line is pointing up a bit at the moment.

" Nasa, which calculates temperatures slightly differently, put 2014's average temperature at 14.7C, which is 0.67C above their average, which they calculate for 1951-1980.

Earth broke NOAA records set in 2010 and 2005. The last time the Earth set an annual NOAA cold record was in 1911."

Hang on, there's been a record for cold? so in this time frame you can have a "Coldest" ?

So in 135 years, there's been a hottest and a coldest, mmmmmm...

135 years of data in a 10,000 (approx) year warm period, that's like basing 24 hours of anything, on 19 minutes of observation. Very thorough. Splendiferous. Magnificent. Got to get a prize for that, oh wait Al Gore already did.

What happens if the next 19 minutes of data don't agree with the first 19 minutes?

post-1447-0-81085400-1421358687.jpg