Another One Leaves, Drummond Quites Thailand.

radioman

Best not report on the dousing stick bomb detectors the military bought!

I guess they are clearing out reporters for the big train megaproject, aka, military retirement plan. :neener:

I figure they'll somehow let the Chinese do the dirty work on the big train project, once it gets underway - they've got the clout to shut up world media, not just little webpage guys... As far as the dousing rods - I live in a war zone city, in a big international hotel, and fuck me if every time I come in and out of the hotel grounds, a motherfucker with the little dousing rod has to perform his little ludicrous theatre act of walking around the vehicle, dousing-for-dynamite, or whatever he pretends to be looking for. EVERYONE by now knows that those are 100 percent bullshit, and yet here we are at the best place in town, with serious security precautions in place (dogs, metal detectors, a solid corps of security thugs, etc) and they still "use" that bullshit. Amazing. Must be someone else just trying to protect their ass from getting caught out on corruption and mismanagement charges - "keep using it! keep using it! never give in!"

Fucking stupid, and embarrassing.

YimSiam