How Do You Calculate The Damage Here?

bust

Let's say they eventually get the Kaaba (a group with similar crazy historical/religious end-of-days plans did take over Mecca in '79 or thereabouts, but regrettably didn't go straight for the kaaba and the house full of idols... Maybe these guys would go all the way - or if they're stretched for cash somehow, sell the kaaba to some other enterprising community like Mecca, who can set up a tourism system around the stone, as Meccans have done since way before Islam arrived...

Statues melted down, stone temples turned to dust - a big deal for the Judeo-Christian-Islamic types, but the Buddhists are probably more geared to take it in stride - nothing lasts, nothing has a permanent nature, it was bound to happen either now - or in a million years... same-same, impermanent.

Looking forward to the day when ISIS is just a peripheral footnote in regional history - another story of young men gone egotistical and well wrong, with a happy ending (preferably involving the local communities turning on these guys and stringing them up by their balls, for days.

YimSiam

If the Saudis deployed some of their military power they could easily reduce the IS presence,maybe the latest offensive by the combined forces of the Iraqi army and Sunni malitias + backing from Iran will push them back.

Well for sure this made me sick to my stomach and I had to turn it off.

As one who loves art of all periods I was shocked-

Bear in mind that these religious purges have happened consistently over the ages.

One has only to look at the later Angkor period when many if not all Buddha images were

removed from so many temple and statues...

Disgusting pigs- ( I say this A LOT IT SEEMS :shakehead)

Watching this video has spoilt my day, but that is nothing compared to this atrocity that offends a world of right thinking people. Unbelieveable and sad, all artifacts from wherever in the world, in whatever country are all part of human history. What has been preserved over centuries, destroyed in minutes with hammers and drills, I feel physically sick, but that's better than being mentally sick as these people are ....