Finger Prints

My ID had expired by well over three months, so I thought I had better renew it. As it was over 60 days I had to pay a 50 baht fine, anyway all sorted out now, for another 10 years.

My thumb and index fingers on record now, mentioned this to the boyfriend, he said, so far to date he can't recall ever having his finger prints taken anywhere. I was wondering if this is something unique these days and he is one of the few farang that hasn't ...

post-55327-0-24671900-1431164377_thumb.jpg

Found out why ... My boyfriend has a UK passport which is still current. Britons applying for a new or renewal passport will need to undergo fingerprint and iris scans within four years under the new national ID card scheme ... He only remembers a photograph being taken on entry at Suvarnabhumi immigration and no finger prints, unless this has changed recently ...

Apparently at the moment finger prints are only taken from citizens of the United Kingdom, when being arrested and charged with an offence, although this is about to change in future with the national ID card and with passports

" Apparently at the moment finger prints are only taken from citizens of the United Kingdom, when being arrested and charged with an offence,"

Correction ... If for a visa or entry to another country then finger printing can be a requirement depending on the country...

As yet the United Kingdom does not have a national ID card, as Thailand, containing information on blood group and other information but will be introduced within the next few years, what other members have this type of ID cards in their home countries.

" but will be introduced within the next few years, "

I know it's been shelved at the moment under protest, but goverments want to introduce and inevitable they will