That Mild Burning Sensation...

Savittre

Thanks, iuytrede,

Maybe I'll pay a visit to the SOS clinic, on the assumption that you've mentioned them because you know they're good. I've never really heard of them.

And thank you very much to everyone else- I've got a lot of information on how to solve this problem that I didn't have before. smile.gif

Thanks hansum_man,

As you say ' the official line would be to go to a dr so that a urethral swab can be taken for defintive microbiology and a definitive diagnosis with antibiotic sensitivities- and that is definitely the route i would recommend'

Well, it doesn't sound like fun, but it does sound sensible....

You mention ' is there any ocular irritation or redness' It's sometimes a little worse than other times, but yeah, it's there most of the time.

Cheers

I'll post on how all this works out.

"You mention ' is there any ocular irritation or redness' It's sometimes a little worse than other times, but yeah, it's there most of the time."

one or both eyes?, does it feel gritty or light sensitive? any ocular discharge? do you have an enlarged preauricular lymph node (would feel like a little pea under the skin about an inch in front of your ear, on the jaw, might be slightly tender to press) - if so its suggestive of chlamydia or Reiters associated with NSU or chlamydia

To answer this, which I paste- 'does it feel gritty or light sensitive? any ocular discharge? do you have an enlarged preauricular lymph node (would feel like a little pea under the skin about an inch in front of your ear, on the jaw, might be slightly tender to press) - if so its suggestive of chlamydia or Reiters associated with NSU or chlamydia

I can say- doesn't feel gritty, I'm not sure what you mean by 'light sensitive', sorry. There is no discharge. I don't have an enlarged preauricular lymph node.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here's what's happened so far:

I found a doctor who's OK in Phnom Penh.

He did the urethral swab- not nearly as painful as I'd been expecting. He sent samples for gonorrhea to 2 different labs, and he checked a third sample himself for chlamydia.

All tests came back negative!

He said that there is a bacteria women have which is benign in them, but can cause imflammation in men.

He gave me some cream (anti-fungal) to use, and something called 'NIZOLE' also known as METRONIDAZOLE 200 mg., and told me to take 2, twice a day.

It didn't do the trick.

So, I went back to see him. This time he gave me a jab, 1 gram of CEFTRIAXONE and as a follow-up I'm taking 500 mg. of CLARICIDE, aka CLARITHROMYCIN twice a day for the next week.

BTW, all this has run me $150 to date. It's expensive here in Cambodia! Ouch! smile.gif

• 1 month later...

dude,

you appear to know your antibiotics, Azithromycin fucks me up big style at the 1g dose, combine this with an allergy to pennicilin and similar drugs, what would be a suitable replacement fro either ...Azithromycin and or cipro..or the other cephalosporins ???

later

Archived