Thai Hipster Opens British ‘Street Food’ Cafe

Flashermac

A THAI hipster has opened a cafe in Bangkok selling authentic British ‘street food’, it has emerged.

Former website designer Daeng Ubonchinda is introducing Thai foodies to dishes including chips in a tray with kebab meat, chips in a pitta bread and saveloys floating in some sort of fluid.

Ubonchinda said: “Most people don’t realise Britain’s got this amazing, vibrant street food culture full of bold, gutsy dishes like chicken and mushroom pie.

“I make sure everything is cooked exactly as it would be in Britain. We don’t just fry our chips and serve them, we keep them in a heated cabinet for at least four hours to make sure they’re good and dry.

“My customers love anything ‘authentic’, so I source all our chicken burgers from the same freezer warehouse in Crewe.

“And when you order a pickled egg you can rest assured that none of our staff has a clue what the sell-by date is.â€

Customer Anong Mueang said: “Sometimes they get the delivery drivers to make the salad while they’re still wearing their motorcycle gloves, just like in the UK.

“Last weekend I had a ‘British banquet’, which is a portion of chips, a battered cod, gravy, curry sauce, a Big Mac, a fried egg bap, spring rolls, another portion of chips and a really cheap sausage. Then I felt very unwell.â€

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/thai-hipster-opens-british-street-food-cafe-20151109103712

;)

• Like 1

Made me laugh that.

I went to a new 'trendy' restaurant in NZ the other day, it makes a big deal of doing Malaysian street food, which is, as most of you know, not terribly far away from Thai street food.

All well done and served with a lecture from the serving wench, just so as we'd know, without a doubt, how Authentic and Gluten Free it all was.

Nice food, pretentious surroundings, awesome hipster trendiness....

When did Gluten Intolerance become a fashion rather than a medical condition?

• 3 weeks later...