Guam

My Penis is hungry

The Japanese are going to Goo-um these days?

More 900,000 Japanese tourists visit Guam every year, which is more than 70 percent of all the visitors of the island, according to the Guam’s Visitors Bureau. - See more at: http://guam.stripes.com/news/why-japans-vacationers-flock-guam-0#sthash.AaVsdDCK.dpuf

http://guam.stripes.com/news/why-japans-vacationers-flock-guam-0

Shoichi Yokoi, the Japanese soldier who held out in Guam

http://www.bbc.com/n...gazine-16681636

The last American officially killed in WWII was a Marine from Hartselle, Alabama, who was killed in a clash on Guam in December 1945. The Marines were hunting a Japanese force that had ambushed an Army truck driving down the road months after the war had ended.

Company and platoon size Japanese units continued to fight in the Philippines even in 1946.

American Samoa where i was last month has the highest percentage per cap enlistment in USA Military. Which I believe, as I had a pretty amazing time with an American Samoan in Hamburg who I met on the Reiperbam, and ended up in multiple bars, hotels, brothels over the course of a pretty wild 24 hours, he had gone off base without leave, and we kept "bumping" into the guys looking for him, was great fun, we eventually parted ways on the 5th floor of a very dodgy brothel.

I taught a Samoan at the NCO Academy years ago. Quiet and easy going, quite well liked ... which was a good thing, since he was a big as a mountain. :surprised:

"American Samoa is noted for having the highest rate of military enlistment of any U.S. state or territory. As of September 9, 2014, the local U.S. Army Recruiting Station in Pago Pago was ranked first in production out of the 885 Army recruiting stations and centers under the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC), which includes the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Korea, Japan, and Europe."

Interesting:

"In 1918 during the final stages of World War I, the flu pandemic had taken its toll, spreading rapidly from country to country. American Samoa became one of three places in the world (others being New Caledonia and Marajo Island in Brazil) to have prevented any deaths during the pandemic through the quick response from Governor John Martin Poyer, after hearing news reports of the outbreak on the radio and requesting quarantine ships from the U.S. mainland. The result of Poyer's quick actions earned him the Navy Cross from the U.S. Navy. With this distinction, American Samoans regarded Poyer as their hero for what he had done to prevent the deadly disease. The neighboring New Zealand territory, at the time Western Samoa, suffered the most of all Pacific islands with 90% of the population infected, 62% died. Poyer offered assistance to help his New Zealand counterparts, but was refused by the administrator of Western Samoa, Robert Logan, who became outraged after witnessing the number of quarantine ships surrounding American Samoa. Angered by this, Logan had cut off communications with his American counterparts."