Fiery Jack

Are Sex Tourists All C*nts?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are Sex Tourists All C*nts?

• No, but the majority of them are.
    • No, but a minority of them are, giving the rest a bad name.
    • No, they're all okay with me, mate.
    • Yes, bastards.

As I mused in another thread, 'Sex Tourism', is almost exclusively portrayed in a negative light. Sex Tourists get very bad press. :down: Some of them I've encountered in Thailand, mostly round Lower Sukhumvit, of course, are indeed obnoxious arseholes, :banghead: but then so are many non-Sex Tourists I've met, and indeed so am I, :drunk: and I've met some decent Sex Tourists too. :hug:

Even the obnoxious arsehole Sex Tourists are often simply temporarily afflicted by the blithely arrogant attitude that access to cheap booze and cheap sex can foster in a lazy-minded immature pampered person. And the decent ones I've met are understandably embittered by the negative preconceptions folks have of their ilk, so tend to be frosty at first. :hmmm:

So here's a poll, so we'll know once and for all... Are Sex Tourists All C*nts? :applause:

Feel free to demystify your poll-vote selection with anecdotes. :up: In fact, feel obliged. :beer:

jack :help:

As I've said elsewhere: please, don't denigrate me by calling me a sex tourist! I'm not a sex tourist - I'm a sex TRAVELER!

(This will make little sense to some, but complete sense to those who have spent time on the backpacker roads of Asia, where a distinct social hierarchy places anyone remotely 'touristy' is on the bottom, and the 'travelers' ride the top of the backpacker pecking order... The more remote the locations visited, the longer time spent on the road, the shittier lodging, the less contact with home - all the better, you move up to Traveler status! Now, where the joke gets its laughs, is because - well shit, as also said elsewhere, if you have to explain a joke, it ain't funny, is it?)

YimSiam