The World Cup isn't everything

phiketpete

I stopped in at Busstop (Soi 4) this lunchtime for a bottle or two and a bite to eat. Arrived just in time for the start of the Germany-Paraguay game. The bar was not crowded at all at this time.

As time went by the place filled up and then at about 2pm the volume was turned up on one of the TV's the larger one. It was an english commentary but I couild not understand it.

The majority of the patrons now turned to watch this set leaving one or two still tuned to the Germany game.

Yes the Essondon Bombers were being shown live from Australia in the AFL game of the week or whatever.

As for me if the Denmark game is like the Nigeria game. I will switch channels and cheer on the Welsh against South Africa in the second rugby test

Pete,

The World rankings are always a bit controversial as i read it

Australia have been around 3 or 4 in the world rankings lately, after yesterdays games New Zealand is on top with England second and the Aussies third, the game France lost to Argentina yesterday helped put us back on top, This is a new look All Black team with loads of new players and it will hopefully get better as they go on,

Hey Steve now i forgive you for being an Arsenal supporter......

LMAO Racha.

Aresenal and the All Blacks are not mutually exclusive. A few of those Maoris would make great American football players IMO. There have successful American Samoan football players who are similar to the Maoris in build.

Soerensen is having a blinder or is it that he is just playing blindfolded?

Yes, I gave Tommy the man of the match award - for England! Kilbane was similarly impressive against Spain, missing the rebound from the first penalty and then a penalty of his own in the shoot-out. Still, Niall did us proud again, after turning the game round against the Germans.

Probably the most impressive of the Sunderland reps, however, is Captain America himself, Claudio Reyna. The US performance is the most surprising of all for me. Friedel gets a lot of the credit but the have shown a lot more bottle than I expected. Jones came on for half an hour and was kicked all over the pitch but he kept getting up for more.

Off to see the Koreans stuff Italy at the Office with Froggy, and hopefully to see them do that speed skating thing again!

LG

Archived