Thailand chances getting to the world cup are good

I was just on the FIFA soccer website and I found out a very interesting fact. Out of 203 soccer teams in the world Thailand is ranked #60! ahead of world class teams such as Austria and Switzerland and just a few points behind china and the rest of the teams that made it to this years world cup. I wouldnt put it past Thailand for making it to the next world cup. Imagine that Imagine the parties and celebrations wow!

Very unlikely. They trail in the rankings Iran, Japan, Saudi Arabia, S. Korea, Egypt and China plus are just ahead of United Arab Emirates.

These are the same dogs that went 0-4-4 in qualifying and were outscored 15-5.

Unless Asia gets 6 slots in 2006, the Thai are meat.

In all seriousness, Thais will get better ... how fast .. who knows ...

One thing about the Korean team is that the players are taller and more physically fit ... I remember the last World Cup 5-0 humiliation to The Netherlands and remembering that Korea could not win the air game.

Asia, in future, will become more dominant in the world sport as "generally" the economy is getting better and thus folks are eating better. I could not believe how tall young folks were in Seoul, when I was there last year.

Asia, in future, will become more dominant in the world sport as "generally" the economy is getting better and thus folks are eating better.

----------------------------------

have you given a thought about Brazil's economy at the height of their power (1958-1970, soccer that is), and, dare i say it, now?

<<<dare i say it>>>

sure you may .. knowledgeable one ...

So tell me, what was Bralian's physical attributes during the height of their power (58 to 70) or now versus other world class countries???? Were there great disparity??? My guess is that either genetically or other reason, their physicality were similar to other world class countries at that time .. I don't know this.

My point is that "generally" - let's take Korea and Japan as an example - people are eating better, and perhaps more healthier. At least to my inexact science knowledge, the folks in above two countries are bigger and taller ... and I attributed this to the fact that both countries (until very recently) have been faring well economically. To my novice knowledge of World Cup .. until recently, both Korea and Japan had physical disadvantage or being smaller and shorter ... perhaps, I am just wacked about this.

Actually, short size is not a disadvantage in soccer, though a defenser needs the "presence" and "authority" that a 6ft+ frame may provide. other than that, Pele and Maradonna especially were average. I don't know, maybe Koreans need to be eating better or have a different diet to be good at soccer or compensate it's not in their cultural "DNA" as it is in Brazil, Argentina, Italy and Germany (here, more of a general "winning" DNA)

You see guys no one gave Korea a second thought in this world cup and look how far they made it with only university students and one pro player. It all has to do with the coaching. If Thailand can get themselves a european coach then I feel Thailand will have a great chance to make it to the next world cup.

Archived