Latest Info on Thai ISP's ... Please %^)

CosmicSurfer

The Anet pack I bought has dialin for Bangkok and 1222 for nationwide use. This is the pack in red color. They have another one slightly more expensive (maybe a 100 baht extra) with all the nationwide dial in numbers available. You should notice that the price on the pack says 950 baht. Although they can be bought for around 650 baht in some shops.

I have tried/tested almost every internet dialups available in Bangkok (unlimited excluded) and my experience is that Anet at this time is the cheapest reliable dialup internet available. I always keep a loxinfo for backup and use cable for heavy downloads/video.

Best regards,

Danish30

While we wait for the password, you can test your phone. Pick up and dial 1222. If a modem answers, it'll work for you. If you get a recording, it, won't.

id = totonline@totonline.net passwrd = totonline

I just did a Google search for 1222 TOT logon and got it several months back. Still works. I haven't seen my phone bills (the missus pays 'em) but I believe it is 3B per connect.

I ahve mentioned elsewhere, and others have said different, but I still cannot get email client software to run on this dial up with hotmail or POP mail - only web mail works and every other thing you can do on the web.

Cheers

Thanks a whole lot...

TOT 1222 is up and running great... Usually getting around 45.2 kbps.

No problems with Email ... POP or Hotmail.

No other problems... except I do notice that I am kicked off line occaisionally... usually in the middle of doing of something.

Now if I could figure out how much I'm paying for this connection, then all my worries would be over. tongue.gif

CS

Thanks for feedback on email. Perhaps I'll try another PC. I have only tried one with WinXP pro and cannot get Outlook Express to work through this ISP.

I think they cut you off to make money! It's 3B per call I understand.

Cheers

Actually, TOT 1222 is beginning to piss me of...

Kicks me off about every half hour, even if I'm in the middle of a download... or so it seems... and at 3 baht each connection that will add up... plus the hassle factor.

I've been using a Dial-up from Ji-Net that I found at Family Mart... Seems to be working out OK, but I'm not sure of the actual connection costs/hour... I'll have to try and figure it out.

Maybe the best answer is a combination of TOT and other ISP's ... TOT for quick Email checks and some other ISP for serious surfing.

CS

Archived