Meeting "good girls" guide

colonel Kurtz

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>

1. speak thai proficiently

2. it's the same as meeting a girl in your home country.

some guys have this misconception that women in thailand will fling their knickers at you because you're a farang. common sense applies to women globally. sorry to say but if you can't accomplish #2, what makes you think you can do it in thailand?

<<

amen

As far as meeting and dating non-bar girls, think of Thailand as about the way it was in the US say around the 1950s and early '60s -- before American women got "liberated". It's a slow drawn out process. In Thailand "girlfriend" does not necessarily mean a girl who sleeps with you. Most Thai boy-girl relationships even in universities are more of the Archie and Jughead variety. (Ever see Archie score with Betty or Veronica in the comics?) Naturally, there are plenty of exceptions. But even they are sort of kept quiet. Some of the female students have told me they are going with a guy who doesn't interest them simply so their friends won't think they can't get a boyfriend. As soon as they graduate, they will dump him and maybe look for somebody to get serious with.

If you want a non-bar girl for a steady, try the sales girls in dept stores. They are often very cute, are living on their own and may well like a Farang boyfriend. But if they do get into the sack with you, they expect it to lead to marriage. If it doesn't things can get decidedly nasty. (e.g Bang! Bang!)

p.s. I went with my wife for years before I could get my hands on her. I couldn't even hold her hand until she'd decided I was the one she wanted to marry. With most Thai women, it's all or nothing. No in between.

agree totally with all those that have said speaking the language, this (in my opinion) is essential before you even start looking. on a brighter note not all women in thailand are after your money, there are some genuine ones out there (just a little harder to find!). where would you go in your own country? if you got together with a girl you met in a nightclub and slept with her the same night would she not be considered a good girl? also the thing to remember is that many thai girls would be very shy about being seen with a farang due to the popular public opinion (of both thai's and foreigners) that thai girls with farangs are hookers.

>If you want a non-bar girl for a steady, try the sales girls in dept

>stores. They are often very cute, are living on their own and may well

>like a Farang boyfriend.

Yes, and/or a rich sugardaddy. smile.gif I've had a few girlfriends working in department stores and went out with a number of them. Again not really a guarantee of being a certified 'good girl' (© Stickman) For sure some seriously good girls work in department stores and have the advantage that they're easy to approach as they usually have fuck all to do all day anyway. But then for sure some seriously bad girls can be found just the same..

>But if they do get into the sack with you, they expect it to lead to >marriage.

I think this fact of life on Thailand/Thai society is on the way out. (Not out yet, but on the way) For sure it's still an issue with scores of girls, but I think they're a minority by now in urban areas especially if their family does not live in that same urban area. If you are unlucky it's easy to just move on, not waste time and find someone else.

Also when girls get a little older (on the up side of 25) they're less likely to be rabid virgins. smile.gif

Cheers,

Chanchao

I've met bargirls that were formerly 'good girls' such as department store girls and met 'good girls' that were formerly bargirls such as receptionists and waitresses.

Is it possible to tell a 'good girl' from a former bargirl or vice versa?

I've also meant genuinely 'good girls' i.e. that aren't freelancers and have never worked in bars and they have exactly the same attitude as their BG counterparts.

If you're looking for a good girl you're taking just the same chances as having a long term relationship with a bargirl.

I agree 100% with what you said about meeting a traditional Thai girl. I think however that many of us do not share your patience...and so we aim at the girls who are not bargirls, but really, do not fit the traditional girl model either... They are what I guess one could term, "the modern Thai woman". These girls never worked the bar and while you might have to wait a while for things to progress, you do not have to wait toooo long. (i.e. 1-2 months seems to be about standard...) This group of girls seems to be ever growing in number.

Stick

What is all this fuss about..

Do you really need a step by step guide to meet a women? Any women for that matter? If you really feel you need a guide to catch a women, you might want to take some time and reevaluate your life. It only takes a little effort to meet someone.. Keeping them is another story.. If you dont have the social skills to meet a good women in your own country, you probably do not have the social skills to meet a non-paying girl here.

Archived