Patpong Dee Maak (very good)!

Sarisin

OK, in a departure from my last two trips to the 'pong, I had a great time there last night. You can read all the dirty details on the paysite under the upcoming title 'Newbie Doubleheader,' which in addition to the fun in the 'pong has a little to say about how the evening ended for me - in a very nice way.

Anyway, for those of you who choose not to belong to the paysite, here is a capsule review of the places my friends and I visited last night in Patpong.

COSMOS (Patpong 2): Not really a gogo bar, but more of a hostess bar. Not like Soi 33 though as the girls were wearing mostly jeans and drinks are very inexpensive. We had a great time here with an assortment of fun ladies who were crawling all over us literally in our assigned booth.

GOLDFINGER: Somewhat of a change at my favorite Patpong gogo bar as 3-4 cute dancers have been placed on stage. Normally, only real bow-wows dance here, but I guess management really wants to bring in customers interested in the gals instead of just for the cheap booze, great music, laid back atmosphere and fun.

KISS: I have been in this obscure gogo bar once in over six years. To find out why it has suddenly moved to #2 on my list of Patpong Gogo bars, and cracked the Top Ten in Bangkok, check out the paysite. Hah, aren't I a prick? smile.gif

SAFARI: This bar, as usual, was packed, but IMO the talent level has gone down recently. It is still one of the best in the 'pong, and there are some lovely dancers (many of whom dance wearing pasties), but I noticed more than half the dancers looked like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Still, we had some fun with a number of the good, the bad, and the ugly in this bar. A great bar to put on your Patpong A List.

THIGH: Yes, I am a glutton for punishment and went back yet again to Thigh Bar, the site of many problems in the past. The reason: the babes are just outstanding in this bar. And, they dance as well as any in Bangkok. However, the same crap remains in this bar. I offered to buy a lady drink for a stunner. She immediately said she wanted a 160 baht white wine. I bought her an 80 baht cola. I asked her the going rate for extracurricular fun. She told me 2,000 ST and 3,000 LT. The lady with a friend said 4,000 LT. And, get this: the barfine in Thigh Bar is 560 baht. What's the deal with that? It was 400 baht last time I was there. I asked one lady if the 60 baht was VAT or something, and she said no. I asked why 560 baht, and her response was the generic, "Mamasan says 560 baht." IMO, Thigh Bar should be skipped, unless you are dopey like me.

So, all in all, a great, fun night in the 'pong, and did any of you alert readers note something about the list of bars we visited? Yes, not a King's Group Bar in the lot. We did look in a few though and there appeared to be plenty of stunners on stage and lots of eager-to-be-ripped-off customers sitting on the stools.

No thanks. There are plenty of options available. Based on last night's events, I will be back to the 'pong sooner rather than later.

The congestion of the Night Market, plentiful tourists, and obnoxious touts are still as bad as ever, however. So, if that sort of stuff bothers you, stick with NEP and SC. Still, it's nice to have three very good options, and last night my faith in the 'pong has been restored. I hope it is not temporary.

Been over a year since I partook Phatphong. Had all intentions last feb. but got infatuated with a native Bangkokian (yes,female) and missed the scene. Nice to hear that Cosmos is still happening. Is khun Vinai still in charge? I assume Randy is running Goldfinger and Superstar. Do the ladies still give the shoulder massages when walking to the back stage at Safari? My original initiation bar was Pink Panther (1988), and still a favorite of mine. Not mentioned too much is Crown Royal in PP2, my favorite hostess type bar. Enjoy the fish and chips at Bobby's Arms and the window seats and food at Thai Room. --PR

Shit, Pale One, Pink Panther WAS also my first ever Gogo in the Universe! Fate, man! Because i never pay for sex, I did not take out any food, but i remember that first time as if it was yesterday. i remember on the way, my first night in BKK, my tuk tuk-cum-guide driver was hassled by the police and then they turne to me and said: "hello, sir, have a nice time in Thailand!". Finally, I was somebody (spells: t.o.u.r.i.s.t, ahaha) in this forlorn world! Later on, i had bought plane tickets from a travel agency in Phatphong, and they sent a kid on bus to deliver the tickets in Pattaya. On their envelppe it said: soso..., travel agency, patpong, between Pink Panther and Chicken Divine. You can't make up an address like this.

So, well, about patpong, the Kings discos always had incredible surprises for me on my first night landing in, for years (read: free and oh! My God...). I also had a great 1990 Christmas Eve there, with my buddy Sundeep from the AIGS school of gemology. I tell you, patpong used to be something, but Buddha says (or is it G. harrison) "all things must pass".

Infatuated?!?!?! Aah, pale one, you are the f...g king of all sex tourists! Love you Man....

Pretty close My Cow Jai. Randy had a big falling out with his partner on Superstars. That bar used to be my favorite party bar in all of Bangkok when Aood was the manager and they had that great DJ who plays rock and roll. Now both of them are working in Goldfinger and Superstars is total crap. Lots of katoeys and techno music. You can have it.

Actually, I believe Randy's partner is total owner of the relatively new Pussy Connection (not a great bar) which is next to Goldfinger. Randy bowed out of that one. As far as I know, he has nothing to do with Kiss. I wish he did! smile.gif

P127...

Did you ever wander into the Butterfly (on the same side as Safari, a few doors closer to where KC2 is now) ? It was my inaugural bar, the source of my inaugural bg experience, and a true example of 80s Patpong.

I can still remember every detail of that first night...the simple rectangular bar, the stage at the end (like the back stage in Safari - a remnant), the jolt I felt when I first saw the girl I wanted, her name, her #, the way her skin and tight, almost springy body felt, her long, curly hair filled with the scent of tropical flowers, her hands still calloused from the rice paddies near Sukothai, and the way her friends had to literally push her into my arms because she was so shy.

In fact, eighteen years later the Butterfly is long gone but I still know where she is, and her friend from that era still works in one of the open air bars on PP2. So, since 1984 I haven't been able to walk in the Pong without having my name called out...

Never had a really bad experience in PP, despite the touts, ripoffs, and the awful night market which appeared in the early 1990s and ruined the view from the window tables in the Tip Top, from which the parade of BGs on their way to work could be observed while enjoying Pla Krapung Nung Minou...ahhh yes.

J22J

HAhaha, between Chicken Devine & Pink Panther. I do believe i can remember Chicken Divine. Lots of action on that corner and environs. A MP, bar beers, street hawkers and across the street from rongram Montien, where i stayed for a few days several years ago.I also recollect ,barely, taking out a lady from Pink Panther and using the next door facilities of Pavillion Place for a s/t. Upon checkout, I only had about B500 in my pocket, and used my VISA to pay for the room, lady tip, and a personal advance of B2000 to finish the evening. Funny, some things about getting older, short term memory goes lacking, but long term is vibrant in your mind. >PR @@@Pattaya 127 wrote> Shit, Pale One, Pink Panther WAS also my first ever Gogo in the Universe! Fate, man! Because i never pay for sex, I did not take out any food, but i remember that first time as if it was yesterday. i remember on the way, my first night in BKK, my tuk tuk-cum-guide driver was hassled by the police and then they turne to me and said: "hello, sir, have a nice time in Thailand!". Finally, I was somebody (spells: t.o.u.r.i.s.t, ahaha) in this forlorn world! Later on, i had bought plane tickets from a travel agency in Phatphong, and they sent a kid on bus to deliver the tickets in Pattaya. On their envelppe it said: soso..., travel agency, patpong, between Pink Panther and Chicken Divine. You can't make up an address like this. So, well, about patpong, the Kings discos always had incredible surprises for me on my first night landing in, for years (read: free and oh! My God...). I also had a great 1990 Christmas Eve there, with my buddy Sundeep from the AIGS school of gemology. I tell you, patpong used to be something, but Buddha says (or is it G. harrison) "all things must pass". Infatuated?!?!?! Aah, pale one, you are the f...g king of all sex tourists! Love you Man....

Ah, the good old Butterfly Bar. One of my old time favs - refreshing to hear it mentioned again. I sometimes still sport a T-shirt purchased there, which proudly announces "Butterfly - Pat Pong." My stomach is bigger, so the shirt fits tightly, but the message remains the same.

Many of the lasses that used to work there went to Ramkhamhaeng University as well - I still have some old pics of a few such girls in my dusty photo albums. Ah, the memories....

And speaking of Goldfinger, remember the old one, which was double the size of the present one, and popular with those of us who liked to watch our dancers gyrate to rock and roll? Used to be quite a scene about ten years back, particularly popular with Embassy folk as well, oddly enough.

froggo

[color:red]Used to be quite a scene about ten years back, particularly popular with Embassy folk as well, oddly enough. color=red>

Um, why is that odd? smile.gif

Still is popular with Embassy (American, I am speaking about, don't know about the others), especially the Marine Security Guards and JUSMAG troops.

Also, I have seen ISB teachers and students (!) in the place often. They even had a reunion there not so long ago for ISB graduates.

Archived