Should I use all of my 90k miles to get to thailan

june11

Maybe this could be in the travel section, but it's kind of a broader question of: how much will one pay to get to thailand from the usa. I'd really like to go next week, from east coast, usa. I usually fly Northwest, and have 90k FF miles built up. But there there has never been a FF return flight (from thai.) available anytime this summer...plenty of usa-to-thai flights though. Normally, NW Air would charge 57k miles RT usa to thai. But if I use their "rule-buster' level, I can get any return flight i want, at a cost of 90k miles (or 88k), round trip. But that's alot of miles to use up! But then again, I'm not sure i want to fly with NW anymore after i use up the miles, because of their 6am departures from bangkok which i've always hated. (What other airlines have better times back to the usa?--I'd like to leave around noon or after, and get back to usa east coast before 10pm). Well, i'm just trying to decide if i should use up 90k miles. If I waited a month or two, i would probably get a rt flight using 57 k miles, but it would be harder for me to travel at that time. Or i could pay $1100 to NW and buy a ticket, gain 30k miles, then i'd have 120k (but then all the hassles all over again of trying to find available flights to USE THOSE MILES). NW makes so few flights available...maybe the other airlines are better, but not sure.

I used korean air from NYC [JFK] last september. $800-$900 bucks regular price. 1 - stop in Iinchon [iNC] and straight to Bangkok [bKK]. 24 hours / arrives BKKat 11:00pm. perfect time to get the heart pumping, clear customs, check in to the NANA HOTEL, cross th street, and WALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

best 24 hours ever!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!

WooooooooHaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!

Use the miles, buy the ticket, GOOOOODDNNIIGHTTTTTT!!!!!

Use the miles, buy a ticket, row a boat. Doesn't matter. If you have the means to get to Thailand now and you have the time to go now, DO IT!! Then, in a couple of months, you may be able to DO IT!! again.

Life is short.

>Life is short.

Applies to the life of the airlines as well...Don't let you points disappear with the airline...See what is happening with USAir...

Another thing, FF points redemption over the Internet usually gives you available seats on that particular airline only. You have no visibility of partners and aliances.

Give them a call, chances are that the operators over the phone can fix you on another airline for the same points.

I have managed to reduce my 600K FF points backlog down to 150K, flying first, business, anything....to Thailand

June,

although I am not particularly familiar with Northwest I am assuming you can use your miles with their partner KLM . and as you fly from the east coast anyway you can go via Amsterdam and avoid awkward departure times. KLM on the way back leaves BKK 23:15 arriving AMS 5:55 and then take Northwest to New York 11:30 arriving 14:05.

cheers

Can you buy some packs MXT-EX for Ploy from the protein-thread ?

Man,

Do you have to ask, I would sell a kidney, lung, testicle, whatever to get there at the moment!

Cheers

Jaga

Archived