Longterm stay

I need some advice about accomodations in Bangkok. I'll be coming to Bangkok in December and staying for 2-3 months. This is obviously too long for a hotel, but too short for a conventional apartment. I was wondering if there are apartments available that offer stays for this amount of time. As to location, I'm not too particular as long as it's a short distance from the skytrain. As to price, I would prefer something moderately priced that includes at least furnishings and satellite tv. A studio or 1 bedroom would be fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the same situation (arriving October) and have been told many times that apartments are quite open to 2 or 3 month stays, especially if they are only 50% full.

I'm going to book about 3 or 4 nights in a hotel and pound the pavement until I find a reasonable apartment.

Good luck...

Thanks for your reply! That sounds like a good plan. In the past, I heard about a complex called VIP Mansion, but I don't remember the details. I was just hoping that the board could present a few options for me to consider. Thanks again.

I think that is an ideal time frame for a serviced apartment. They are like a hotel, but you can get an extra bedroom or two, kitchen, and other stuff like a stereo. They have monthly rates, and for longer you should be able to negotiate a lower price as well.

I like Centrepoint (www.centrepoint.com) as they have locations next to the sky train. They are a bit pricey, but you get savings and conveniences from free in-room internet (broadband + always on) as well as in room laundry machine. Centrepoint is just one example.

There are search engines out there for finding serviced apartments such as wwww.sabaai.com or www.bangkok-apartment.com.

I'm not sure how much you want to pay. And, do you want a studio, one-bedroom, etc.?

I agree that Centrepoint (there are a number of them) is nice.

I stayed at Chateau de Bangkok on Soi Ruam Rudee (a short walk to the BTS, NEP, etc.) for seven months and I highly recommend it.

Great location, very guest friendly, nice pool and fitness center, great Italian restaurant, and a 24-hour deli.

I think they have a website by the same name to check out. Also, they always have an ad in the Classified Sections of The Nation and Post.

sarasin,

damn... those centrepoint rentals are right up there with bay area rental rates! they quote on their site 38k baht for a studio. that's around $900+! gah, that's actually more than my apartment in sf. tongue.gif always on broadband is really nice but I dunno if it's worth the steep cost.

anyone know how much bargaining power can be done for centrepoint?

The purpose for the visit is just relaxation. No work! So location doesn't really matter except for I'd like to be within a reasonable distance of the skytrain since this is my favorite mode of transportation.

Thanks for the reply! I think that I'd like to stay under baht 20,000/month, but that's flexible. Either studio or one bedroom would be acceptable.

Well, that's the difference between a serviced and non-serviced apartment.

With a serviced apartment you get daily (usually) maid service, change of linen, towels, no electric, water, gas, or cable TV bills and very good security.

With a non-serviced apartment, up to you. That's why they are cheaper.

If you're looking at 20,000 baht per month, you most likely should be considering a non-serviced apartment.

As far as I know, the rental rates at the serviced apartments (I can speak accurately only for Chateau de Bangkok) are non-negotiable.

Archived