Mercedes?

A year ago a well healed BG from Isaan who had spent a good deal of time in the States took me to a restuarant in upper Suk called the Mercedes restuarant or something like that. It was a upmarket Place with a lot of what appeared to me at the time rich Isaan people. has anyone been there and if so can they tell me where it is exactly.

i guess you are talking about the (mercedes) benz thonglor on sukhumvit soi 55. the restaurant was called country road and just recently changed ownership and name to log cabin. there is thai food and japanese food available and they have 7 days a week a live band but changing (thai songs, country music, blues).

after the financial crisis in 97 they also had on the same compund a weekend second hand market called talat khon khey ruai (the market of the once rich people); the former rich guys sold all kind of stuff (jewelry, cars, clothes even once a private plane) to get some cash.

Log Cabin is listed in our music venues section. Below are the details. Music listings from our gig guide

Log Cabin

540/7 Sukhumvit 55, Thonglor 18

Klongton nua Wattana

Bangkok 10110.

Tel: 02-714 7810.

Open: 11am-2pm & 5pm-2am. Music from 7pm.

Credit cards accepted.

Log yes, but cabin no. Tree genocide must have been committed to build this vast log mansion/palace/hall/pile! The place has three restaurants, offering everything from Thai food in the pub/main music area, to a do-it-yourself barbie and a slick Jap restaurant on the first floor. There are also karaoke rooms, a wine club and teppanyaki food. The music varies from night to night with blues, Dixieland jazz, pop and rock 'n' roll all getting a slot. Upstairs in the smart restaurant a piano/trumpet duo play standards with style and polish.

''Tree genocide must have been committed to build this vast log mansion/palace/hall/pile! ''

All the logs were imported from the USA by the owner at that time who was also the owner of Benz Thonglor.

His idea was to build a place where you could eat good quality Isan food in an air-conditioned and comfortable environment.

sounds like the same place.....there was so much running through my head at the time that i can't remember the specifics but I do remember it was a great night with great food and i think i was the only farang there that night. Thanks guys I plan on going there again one day.

Archived