Want to have a farang surname..How to do?

Thank you very much for all advieces. I hope it will be useful for me a lot. Now I have to wait for our lawyer to come back from Chaing mai.

many thanks

Jitty

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, just curious, when you first started posting you said that your BF had problems with the English Language, and incidentally that he had studied at Oxford.

What areas of his mother tongue does he has problems with Juttima, if I'm mis representing what you said I do apologise, but I am sure you said he spoke very poor English.

STH

My Husband (BF before) is going to Wood stock bar on Friday evening, and he wants give/teach you some northern English lessons.

He does not suffer fools lightly,

Will you be there?

Or in London again this time?

Jitty

PS: I think 3 people on this board have known that I am ok now..because my HB not ahole as some....

wow, wow, wow!

that is a bit over the top i would say.

having arguments on a board is fine, but your post there is completely out of order.

Hi Jitty,

I have not called in to question whether you are all right or not, merely puzzled by an English man educated at Oxford whose lack of English ability restricts his job prospects.

No I wont be at the Woodstock this Friday, but if I was in Bkk I would go along to see the English man who doesnt speak English very well.

STH

Jittima,

You say your HB is applying Thai Citizenship. Do you mean residency or nationality.

Without perm. residency it is impossible to obtain Thai nationality.

Perm. residency can only be obtained if he is married officially (apparently not yet), working and paying tax, or a major investor (also not apparently noting you other post on him not being able to find a job).

By the way, obtaining perm. residency of Thai nationality is not impossble as some indicate, but quite difficult for most.

Depends on who you are and most importantly who you know.

as far as i know you will have to have lived here continiously at least three years with a workpermit before being able to apply for permanent residency (unless one is a major investor), plus have to be fuent in spoken and written thai. the friends i know who recently got permanent residency said that basically the whole process including under the table money costs a few hundred thousand baht.

i don't know the particulars about citizenship, only that it is very difficult nowadays. and if you are not born here the citizenship can be taken away very easily in case of a (alleged) crime commited.

Archived