Prostitution - so is it a good thing, or what?

Long Gun

Let's look on the bright side. There are many BGs that marry themselves off to farangs and escape their previous life. I think this would be the secondary motive after instant cash.

I just wonder what percentage start up as prostitutes and end up in a permanent relationship with a farang.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's not all bad. For a start, not all of us are horrible and sweaty!

In fact, I venture to say that the farang scene in Thailand attracts a greater percentage of nice, intelligent customers that would be the case in most countries. Such customers often try to effect a welcome change in the life of girls working in the trade.

In reply to:

>They had a favourite afterhours club.

To spend their money on and not much left for herself/family?

Well maybe this is their way of [color:blue] DARING to break the rules and family obligations color=blue> smile.gif

Or are you trying to say that they should not have money because they don?t know how to use it for the good of Thailand?

Cheers

GTG: "To sleep with farangs who are twice older than themselves, maybe fat? Bold-headed? Gray-haired?, Or not so bad? Depend on their luck? So, this is excitement and romance. Spare me on this one, please."

Hey, it's a step up from a no good drinkin' gamblin' lazy abusive Thai boyfriend.

Cleo is a woman of course who can be seen at http://www.echonyc.com/~cleo/ there are some video clips of her where she whines on and on about her travels and her starry eyed view of the sex scene. I think she went to PP every night for two years. I remember looking at these clips two or three years ago but found them hard going. There was a story going around that she died some time ago, maybe it was a rumour?-peter

I would certainly defer to you regarding any factual info regarding LOS.

My knowledge is certainly limited in comparison to your self.

I was told by 'persons' that housekeeping personel makes

in the 3K per month range ( carpenters way less & that menial labor in rural areas was way way less.)

Same group reported that a new double masters from London School of Economics grad was seeking a 7K job with the Thai governemnt & that western educated PHDs start at 12K.

Second hand info from persons who were seeking profit by conversing with me.

I recognise that I am at best an income opportunity to Thais that spend time with farangs.. I have never felt like I was a friend to any Thai.. favored customer at best!

Same group of Thias, 2 men, 1 BG, reported that prominant Thai comedians ( we were watching a slap stick Thai Video ) make 100K per month.. willing to bet some of the girls pull in that much.. Ho's making as much a actors with several videos in the rental store.

I would be curious what rice field labor makes.

The 1 % / 100X should have read 1% / 10 X.. Top line BGs make 10 X what unskilled menial labor makes.

'Top of the line' BGs command more much than 20K per month, at least when they're with me. ;-o

My intent was to compare 3K per month, 10 hour days, to 30 K per month for 20 nights of disco, drinking & sex ( on average 15 minutes of boom boom ? ), granted with persons they find gross & distasteful.

If I were a 'young looker' ( & i'm not ) & could make more in 1 night on my back as opposed to scrubbing toilets all month it would be an option to be considered.

A 100bt ho in chinatown certainly presents different options.

I am in agreement with 99.3% of your post..

Do young pretty girls really 'desire' old fat stinky sweaty Farangs, hell no!..

but

>Even village girls go out alone sometimes. <

Maybe a few, but I've spent entended time with BR BGs who claim they never entered a movie theater until they came to BKK to make money.

The wealth associated with being involved with the tour industry can be considerable... at any level, Silom Hotels, Pay Ta Ya beach rentals, Patong Si Tatoos..

I've taken more than 1 on her first flight... white as a farang on the first takeoff ( maybe even sweating like a farang! ).. & after a couple of months she was flying to meet me on Phuket on her own... so she did grow as a person due to her professional relationship with an old fat sweaty farang ( me! )..

I encouraged her to act as a 'tour guide' with future customers, she had flown & been all over LOS.. knew how to get around in CM & Phuket.. we spent 1 month in CM & 3 weeks Patong Si

I was introduced to CM by a 'mature' northern dancer from the LG stage, she quickly suggested a road trip & made the arrangements.. train schedule & hotel ( I think she got commission from hotel! ).. even knew a driver ( boyfriend? ) with a nice Volvo for a trip to Mai Sai..

On a subsequent trip I introduced a new BG to simular adventure & suggested to her that she could expand her BG enterprise to include 'tour guide' for newbie Farangs.

Archived