Who is the Oldest Here?? And How are you Doing??

zanemay

There were a lot of interesting responses to the "Bargirls who like old men as boyfriends" topic. They brought me to a something I have long wondered? Who are the older guys on the board? What are your stories? I have seen so many good things going on between senior fellows and Thais.

One striking image is from S. Pattaya where I have been staying. (Tres gay around here.) An old man, nearly 80, with pure white hair and very handsome. Hand in hand chatting with a beautiful Thai boy, both looking very, very happy.

Then there are the mature couples who met 30 years ago and are still together.

I have a friend who is 76 and been coming to Thailand since he retired 16 years ago. He has homes in both places, a longtime Thai lady and still haunts Sukhumvit on the sly. He loves these ladies! And he loves Thailand. He is a very happy guy.

I am 57 and young for my age. Especially young at heart. But I hope I will be happy in Thailand in the future. It seems like the best place to put on a few more years.

Zane May

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah! Interesting, I always suspected I was among the oldest on the Board.

I am 55, have lived in Thailand for just over 30 years, happily married (to a Thai, definitely non BG, for 25 years), own home and Company and really enjoying life here; always have.

Not much into the bar scene these days - not because of age but perhaps jaded. Came here in '71, bars were open 24 hours day and Patpong was the main preserve of Brits. etc., Petburi was the "American" area - in the main.

No longer irritated - or even notice in many cases - the small annoyances of life here. There are many worse places to live for sure.

I date back further and do not recall things quite the same. Most of those on Patpong were those living in Thailand of all kinds and those on New Petburi Road were the Military that it was designed to attract (and keep out of sight). That was back in the days of The Gaslight, Max's Place and Alladin (BG - before GoGo) smile.gif

You must have a wealth of stories, memories and advice to pass on, hope you post some of them-peter

you wrote:

I am 55, have lived in Thailand for just over 30 years, happily married (to a Thai, definitely non BG, for 25 years), own home and Company and really enjoying life here; always have.

It would be great to read about your experiences in those "early" days. One of the recurring laments here is that the scene has deteriorated, that the "quality" of the girls has gone down, that the general population is less friendly, etc., sometimes from people with only 1 or 2 years of personal history to draw from.

It would add a lot to this forum to have your perspective and a retrospective of your life in Thailand.

J22J

Not Me, Spring chicken I am, turned 30 in May, any other young'uns on the board? does this neccesitate a seperate thread?

Cheers

Jaga

I must be somewhere in the middle at 37.

I came to the LOS as someone in their 20s and celebrated my 30th birthday on Koh Phi Phi, much to the amusement of my younger coworkers.

If the average lifespan of a male is 75, than I'm right at the halfway point. Man, that's depressing. I think I'll have a beer.

I am so glad that I didnt actually visit Thailand until Feb of this year, 2 months prior to my 43rd. Had I gone there in my twenties, I am convinced that I would have built my entire life around yearly (6 monthly?) sojourns. What is wrong with that, I hear you ask ?

I guess its a matter of perspective, but I'd like to see so much more of Asia and the Pacific. If I had Rupert Murdochs money, it might be different, but I have to prioritise where I spend my 'holiday money' : China, Vietnam, Japan, Laos, Malaysia - they are all waiting for me smile.gif

Anyway, at 43 I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of a board membership that I would guess are mostly between 25 and 65 chronologically, and about 18 mentally. Sanuk !

Archived