Who is the Oldest Here?? And How are you Doing??

zanemay

In my case have not lived here most of the time so can not comment except for brief periods. And as don't go to the bars these days can't even comment on the quality, or lack of, these days. Can say few women had any choice in those days (60-70's) as there was no factory type employment. So what you had, for the most part, were women deserted by their husbands and trying to support a child or two working in the Patpong and Gayson Road areas and at the military bases upcountry. A younger mix on New Petburi Road who seemed to have been in the trade from a very early age. No place stands still and it is always change, but don't believe things have changed that much more here than elsewhere. But I am sure anyone visiting now after many years away would find the change much greater than me as I have never been away more than a year at a time.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zane, you are older than me!

I am 56, come to Thailand since 1990, rent a house near Chumpon, live there 50% of my time with an ex-bg and can not explain here for privacy reasons why it is is only 50%.

I don't want to bother people here with personal problems explaining that, although some claim I am witholding information!

Well - pretty fluent Thai; it can be a bit of a shock to the system when the BG comes up with the usual "Oh you speak Thai very well, how long you stay Thailand?" - and you realise the truthful reply is "about 10 years longer than you my dear"!!

Archived