Is there ever a drop off in the amount of girls?

xenono

Like right now? Supposedly it is the slow season, right?

But I've been reading stories on here and other boards about 5-6 punters in a bar or Go-Go and 40-50 girls. That would be great!

My question is: During the low season do the girls ever pack it in and head back home for a few months before returning again during the high season?

For my specific case, I will be in Thailand from September 1st through the 19th. This was the first available time I had to get back. But would a postponement until say, November, be better in terms of quality and quantity of girls?

It does seem that there are a few less girls about during the slow time, but still plenty. Last September/October, it seemed like a lot of girls were drifting into town looking for work. A few of the old regulars were returning from a few months up country.

One of the reasons I like to travel to Thailand in November is because I like to see the new entrants to the scene for the high season as well as the employment of girls in bars at full capacity compared to the off season. In the summer, a lot of the girls go back home to Issan until the upcoming peak season.

There presently are a lot of girls, and only a moderate quantity of guys. The scene is great. In November, there may be 15% more chicks, by that is not worth waiting for. There already are plenty, and the girl:guy ratio may even be at a peak between now and September. For instance, go to Tony's Disco in Pattaya at 2am and look at all the hot babes who still are looking to turn a trick for the night---LOTS! (note--this is a good way to avoid bar fine, but it also means the girl may be less accountable for her actions, since you've contracted with her in a free-lance environment).

You may want to find out the exact date of the Loy Kratong holiday. It is fun and pretty, but it may cramp your sanukin' (only a little bit) for a day or so--which may be a lot, depending on the duration of your holiday.

"You may want to find out the exact date of the Loy Kratong holiday. It is fun and pretty, but it may cramp your sanukin' (only a little bit) for a day or so--which may be a lot, depending on the duration of your holiday."

I believe Loi Kratong is 19 November this year. Why would this holiday cramp your sanukin'? I think barfines are higher at some bars, but this also means the girls will not be taking the night off work.

Sounds good shotover. The reason why I said that about Loi Kratong was because I had a theory that the stunners may exercise their leverage with management and take holiday leave to be with their families.

I've been in Thailand during that holiday only once--and, I spent it with my mother, floating little candle boats in the water. It was such a big deal, that I just assumed that things weren't entirely business-as-usual in the go-go's--though, surely, the go-go's weren't empty!

Archived