yeeeeesssss!!! we've got Ferdinand

Damn. I wish Liverpool had stumped up the 18m two years ago, when we had the chance, instead of using the money to buy a load of second-raters that we're just going to throw away anyway.

Ferdinand's a class act. It's a shame that the utterly unambitious Eriksson (ominous quote from Rio: "he likes his defenders to defend") didn't take proper advantage of his skills during the World Cup. It was depressing to see defenders, with acres of space in front of them, unwilling to advance, with the result that midfielders had to drop right back to take the ball from them.

England didn't face that much of a test in the world cup so I don't know if his price is justified. What position will he play and will is play with the Neville brothers? Sorry I'm not a Man U supporter so I'm not sure who's in the current squad.

Does anybody know any more about Liverpool's comments about Boyer not showing enough interest?

Where is Rivaldo doing? Barc said that he's leaving before the start of the new season. I assume Italy.

With very few exceptions (Becks and owen) We're not going to see players finish their careers with one club like Parlour et and others. Just like here in the states, its about money now. Its my understanding that in the past, if possible, you didn't transfer to your derby rivals, but that's a thing of the past.

Chelsea is my darkhorse club to surprise a few folks. They were improving last year (FA cup final) and in my opinion made the best additions to their club during the summer.

Archived