yeeeeesssss!!! we've got Ferdinand

chelsea have'nt done much during the summer concerning new players.

they are so much in debt,they have had to pull the plug on proposed new players.

they are too much of a star-studded team,do not play as a team in my opinion.

blackburn for a top 6 finish in my eyes.

Actually Leeds United and Man.U. have a long line of transfers between them in the past. Its not the first record deal either,

Gordon McQueen went to Man.U. from Leeds in the 70's for a English record.

Johnny Giles, Gordon Strachan, Joe Jordan and Eric Cantona have also all been part of transfers between the clubs.

i think the last transfer between utd and pool was in the 50's,but i could be wrong(probably am).

report in one of todays papers about leeds new captain,dominic matteo.

said he would never do a ferdinand,being a former pool player,he could never envisage a move to utd.

thank fuck for that,he's crap.

As much as I am distressed to say it, Man U went out and filled the one hole (1, not all those Royal Albert Hall holes) that they needed to fill. Time will tell whether 30 million was 20 million too much, as Arsene would suggest, or whether it was money well spent.

Most likely, Man U will now have much greater stability at the back. As for his next task, Sir Alex needs to find time for all the talented midfielders. Last campaign's rotation sysytem appeared to unesttle the club more than help it. He may want to think about some transfers, maybe Butt? Also, 1 striker? As an Arsenal supporter, I can only hope he returns to this policy.

As for strikers, Forlon will come around, which will sadly provide Man U with a necessary third option. All in all, the richest club in the world used their funds to improve themselves in the one place they needed to improve.

This campaign may well play out like the last but with roles reversed. Arsenal is already heavily wounded with Pires, Gio, and Freddie injured, so life may not be so pleasant early on.

As for other challengers to Arsenal and Man U? Liverpool has been active in the transfer market, while Chelsea and Leeds haven't done much to improve themselves. Same three (Arse, Man U, Liv) once again?

froggo

I read the sports section of the London Times Online at work and I could have sworn I saw some signings some weeks back regarding some foreign players but checked the blues site and didn't see any. Perhaps it was just discussions and they never materialized. Mea culpa.

Its going to be a little wide open again this year and still maintain it will be extremely difficult with two great players out for a while. The usual suspects are in contention again.

Can't people get their priorities right.

This morning I am watching the BBC news and the presenter announces 'After the break Rio +10'

There I thought would be a 10 minute special on how Man U's new signing was going to be made captain and preside over an unbeaten season (yeah right) when its back to the news and instead of Old Trafford I am looking at 'live ' pictures from Johannesburg. Must be the pre-season tour. After all how much more money can they make out of Asia -- yes yes i know they come out here for conditioning not commercial purposes.

But as i listen intently there is no talk of football only of the environment. Then all is explained Rio +10 is the wonderful name given to the current environmental conference being held to sort out the worlds problems in South Africa 10 years after the environmental conference in Rio De Janeiro.

Perhaps Rio+10 could be the new nickname for Man U.

Although after 2 or 3 straight losses it will be where the heck is Stam or Blanc.

"thank fuck for that,he's crap." smile.gif

Yep, glad to get rid of him. Slowest defender in the world and prone to mistakes with it!

Someone talked about "only Becks and Owen" are going to stay with one club throughout their careers. I don't think Owen's going to stay with Liverpool.

Agreed. If the money is right I can see Owen leaving in a few years. He'll get tired of being the bridesmaid to the Premiership and opt for Arsenal but not Man Utd. It'll be too painful to go there. But then again who would have thought Sol would go to Arsenal and Fowler going to Leeds surprised me a bit.

Archived