Guilt?

Steve

I am not normally someone troubled by guilt but on my recent trip I spent too long with a "girl" (actually 31!) who I have known "on and off" for the last few years.

She writes quite good english despite having minimal formal education and she likes to always practice her english writing skills.

I did feel quite bad this trip when she said she liked to practice her english speaking and writing because "One day I go to England"...... unfortunately because I know quite a bit of her history (sorry, I am not going to post details!) I suspect I have more chance of going to the moon than she has of ever getting to the UK.

Part of me thinks she knows this, but although she is a street wise local bangkok girl with an "interesting" history she can be quite naive and her comment which was made quite innocently rather than as any hint to me, did (and still does) leave me feeling bad - even though her position has nothing to do with me.

Of course I did not say anything as if you have a dream (even if you know that is all they are) then it does not seem nice to have them taken away by someone giving a reality check.

I hope I am wrong........

This is one of the reasons why nowadays I like to butterfly as it saves having to "think too much" smile.gif" border="0

As far as the girls are concerned, i always rather went the extra-mile with them, meaning not just sex, and sometimes none, but getting quite personal with them, and i always did my best to show them there can be a better life for them if they start to learn more than the opening hours of their favorite disco or working place. this said, i may have done 2 or 3 things i may not be too proud of, but in 13 years, frankly... Throw me the first stone if you wish, i won't pay much attention.

Having been back here for a week, i realize how much some guys really invest themselves (i don't mean $$) into the life of the girls, and get attached for a lot of good reasons. Between the sex tourist and the guy too good-hearted who loses all, i believe there are a lot for whom their passage in LOS is not defined by guilt, but by really opening their hearts. All I say, if it has not changed your life, you have not really been here. IMO

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Archived