September 11th

By leaving SFO on 9/11 I intend to prove to everyone all over the world that I can get a cheaper ticket than on 9/10 or 12 AND have an entire row where I can stretch out in economy comfort!

Anybody else travelling 9/11? Anybody think I'm an idiot (for travelling 9/11 that is)?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, you thinking right, but maybe your airplane will be rather empty. Who cares?

I think the 10.9. or 12.9. can be more dangerous than 11.9., but which day is not dangerous? I wish you a good flight. I will travelling to LOS on 18.9.

I would think the awarness that day would be so high, that any terrorists would be crazy to try something, on the airlines anyway. Their level of success is raised much higher when eveyone is 'asleep on the job', and not on 'high alert'. But you are right....airplanes will probably be mostly only half full that day.

HT

Well let us know if you get an entire row to sleep in. That's getting harder to find all the time. I'm sure there is some pychology involved when people are choosing flying dates. I for one don't like leaving for a trip on a 13th esp not Friday the 13th.

But i think more has to do with what airline you choose. Like Northwest seems like there are very few empty seats anymore on them no matter what the date.

SFO - MNL (3 weeks) - BKK (6 months) - SFO (returning in April) = $1100

Flying on an airline without "American" in it's name but with another countries name whose people are notoriously superstitious of symbols and dates. Hmmmm but those colors are now beginning to bother me.

is it still considered high season? does not seem like a great deal, it comes down to 550 each destination. which is about what you pay RT after summer prices are off (someone wrote he paid 575 for an OCT/Nov ticket from SF) for BKK. They added up almost the whole fare for a stop over in Manila. Not saying you are paying too much but the usual price. enlighten us!

Archived