Phuket

BelgianBoy

Hi BB,

Nice to see you had a good time and thanks for the report.

I`m supposed to go to Phuket next month for a couple of days and I``m looking more forward to it after reading your report.

Looking forward to seeing you over the holidays !

Best Regards,

Cyborg,

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good trip report BelgianBoy.

I am on the same side because I really like to go to Phuket, in fact I go there on every trip to LOS. I like the laid back feeling of Phuket. Since you did a good report about the butterfly farm and the aquarium I will surely go there on my next trip.

May I suggest a very nice place I found on my last trip, the Hide Away Spa http://www.phuketwebsite.com/spa/hideaway.htm on 47/4 Na Nai Road in Patong for a very good Thai massage (the therapeutic one I mean laugh.gif ) and if you go there don?t miss the herbal sauna before having your massage. They have a very nice location in a little private forest and the site is something to be seen.

[color:blue]?As for food, all is really more expensive that Bangkok or anywhere else in Thailand, a regular Thai meal is 250-400 Bt, if you go for top seafood with lobster and drinks, pay 1400-2000 Bt, but I was told that it could not be a problem for me.... as being farang in Thailand I must be rich anyway.... ?color=blue>

You have choose the farang seafood restaurant, one place I like to go for seafood is in Patong at the corner of Bangla road and Ra-U-Tit road just behind the muay thai place where you can see seafood stall with tables. There you can choose and eat the best seafood in my opinion for around 800 bahts for 4 people, each time I go there I can?t eat all the seafood we order for that price so bringing a few BG with you is a good idea for not to waste the delicious seafood smile.gif .

Hi Falang,

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for the tips.

The butterflies are really a must, so neat and beautifull, not an easy place to find, but do the effort.

As for your tips, I copied and pasted your tips on my to-do-list !

Cheers !

This is also my (or should I say my wife's) favourite place. We always have oysters there at 2:30 am after the bar round. Pretty cheap at 35-40 baht per oyster and with a nice presentation.

We also like the herbal saunas (sounds crazy in a climate like that of Thailand). Our favourite place is on the road between the Viewpoint and the Nai Harn beach. Should try the Hide Away on our next trip.

My first trip to Phuket was also in 1987 but I have gone the opposite way to Belgian Boy. In 1987 I did the sights (but I realize that I missed a few), now I do the bars.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived