Train from Don Muang to Ayutthaya

Tycona

Hi all,

On my next trip, I am thinking of going straight from the airport to Ayutthaya, saving some time this way. I checked the thai railways website and there seem to be about 20 trains going from Bangkok to Ayutthaya every day on the Northern and North-Eastern lines. I was just wondering if there any other trains going to Ayutthaya? According to the time tables I saw I would have to wait about 2-3 hours for a train to Ayutthaya. Can this be right?

Thanks,

Tycona.

All trains going to Ayutthaya on those time tables should be it if they are complete (3rd class trains included). If you provide a time perhaps someone with a current schedule can answer. Ayutthaya is not very far and a meter taxi would not cost that much as an alternative. Or a taxi to Northern Bus Station and a bus from there. But if you are talking early morning hours you might have to wait awhile for either bus or train.

Tycona,

because I do only things that Mister Khunsanuk recommends, I have taken the train to Ayutthaya once after I read a thread started by KS, you might find it by using the search function. This was a funtrip because I like using trains. It is very enjoyable if you are in mentally stable condition and have the money to do the return trip by taxi. I agree with Jack that after a long flight it might cause you a nervous breakdown. Boardbrother db_sez_doxyblue even knows a Thai railways website , maybe you politely approach him somehow.

bb

Archived