"M in Bangkok" on Ploenchit

I'll be in BKK Oct and Nov. though I would prefer a place under 15,000 per month. Regarding windows, the pic in the website of the side of the building showed what looked to be 3 balconies on each floor. There are 3 rooms to each side. So it looks like a window + balcony. Will await the experts reply...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DaveJavu,

Yes, hopefully one of the other guys will know about the window, etc, in the small unit. The floorplan doesn't show any sign of patio/balcony doors, and it looks as if some of the balconies would need to be where bathrooms are drawn. I don't know...

You'll be in town before I will. Good for you.

I was also hoping for something under 15,000 - all inclusive. But, this is as close I've come so far. Well, for a place that has good location, direct dial lines, some privacy, and no problems with guests. I'm still on the hunt, however.

CN

The building is the last one (corner house ???, sorry dont know the right word) in the row, so the big rooms had two windows and if my mind dont play tricks on me the small room had a window too, but not 100 % about this.

Just heard back from Pong at M in Bangkok.

The small room (650 baht) does not have any windows, or balcony. It is 25 sq meters, or approx 15.6 feet by 15.6 feet -- for us American blokes. He did give me the 16,500 monthly rate after this last communication.

I didn't think that the floor plans looked as if they'd support any windows in the small room. I was a CAD designer for 6 years, and it just didn't seem to jive.

I'm not sure if I'll try to negotiate a monthly price on the bigger rooms -- with windows, or go over to Alta House on Soi 4/Soi Ulit. They have a 15,000 monthly rate for a 40 sq meter apartment, but this doesn't include utilities and I think I'd need some form of transport up to Sukhumvit on a regular basis (depending upon the accuracy of their maps/directions -- seems almost a half mile from Nana BTS). They also seem a bit more concerned about guests, but they said as long as I kept it to one friend per visit that it would be fine. I think they are more concerned about loud drinking parties.

Decisions, decisions...

• 1 month later...

All--

Just got a call this afternoon from my two friends who booked into this hotel... They absolutely loved it... I bit odd in the set up.. more like an apartment than hotel.. Early posts were right on the money about the set up and all.. There was a older thai lady that came every morning at 8ish and cleaned each unit if you liked.. She also took the laundry to cleaning if you asked... Rooms look small (I got a few digital pix back) but are well appointed and very livable... Excellent location once you find it the first time.. Taxis had a hard time with it as it's not a "know" location...

If this type of place (small and very discreet) is what you need and/or want then the M in Bangkok gets an A+...

--UPSer

I also stayed there about two weeks ago because of this thread.

I liked the setup but the television channels sucked somewhat and the hot water in the shower was not working. I stayed in room# 23 (920B). I was planning on staying 4 nights but was forced to leave after one night (lucky me I only had money on me to pre-pay for one night when I checked in!!) because of a painful back... The beds are rock hard!! I checked with the nice people downstairs but they said the beds in all rooms are of the same type of rock wink.gif... So beware...

Just tried to book this place having read the reports. However having read your report about the beds I am really glad they are fully booked for the first two weeks of October.!!! Anyway thanks for the warning I hate rock hard beds.

Will go down and have a look while I am in BKK.

Oh sorry, not fully booked the rooms without the windows are available.........how can anyone stay in a room with no window even if it is cheap. The Federal has some rooms like that for I think 600 but they are like prison cells.

Uniformguy

Archived