"M in Bangkok" on Ploenchit

Hi UPSer,

Why don't you email them and ask, I've always had a frank response in the past when I've asked an establishment.

'I say are you guest friendly?'

'Yes, especially the female kind!'

or else I get some arcane discussion on double rooms and extra fees.

Hope this suggestion helps.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here a repost of my review.

If you want it VERY private, try "m in Bangkok", it is a small appartmenthouse with a 3-5 minute walk to NaNa (direct by the Skytrain Phloe Chit Station). It is like a hotel but without a Lobby, you have your private entrance. No ID-Checks no nothing, no one cares how many or how offen you have guests. The rooms are in very good condition. The AC is good. Cons: No Lift, no swimmingpool, no coffeshop, not many programs on TV. Prices from 800-1450 Baht. They clean the room everyday execpt sunday. I stayed there 2 weeks ago and i liked it. Just make a google-search. You can book online.

mupfel,

Do you know what size the small 650 baht rooms actually are?

I really like the location of this place for my specific needs and have sent them email regarding a monthly stay rate (they really didn't quote me any break at all -- 50 baht per day less). But, I forgot to ask the size of the rooms. I cannot tell much by the floor plans on the site, I guess my laptop screen is too small.

CN:

Dont know exactly, just took one short look in the small rooms. But my first thought was that they seemed to be a good deal for the price, small but pretty nice.

SO:

I stayed at the biggest room on the 4th Floor (401???), 1450 Baht, plenty of room and the best bed i had so far in BKK. Forget about the bathtube, very small. There is no lobby and no safteyboxes but there where lots of cupboards in the room which you can lock and take the key, so no one can get easy at your goodies. The girls loved the fact that there is no "walk of shame". As i already said i liked it there.

For the record:

The "hotel" is mainly used at a stop over for people how will go to Koh Samui where the owners have a resort.

An older Thailady is doing the cleaning and she do laundry to. She is very friendly and the best is that around 5 pm she goes home and there is no one left, except you and your new friend(s). On Sundays no one was present. You will get an Key-Card which opens a door at the back of the building and you are straigth at the staircase where the rooms are.

Have fun.

Thanks for the info, DaveJavu. I'll see if they'll come down a bit more for me, as well. I could book for 2 months, but wanted to get a feel for the place -- or more feedback. I do like the locale and what I've heard about it so far.

When are you planning on staying there?

Thanks, mupfel,

You've given some excellent information and answered some of my queries even before the people at M in Bangkok could/did. I was also wondering about locking cabinets for my laptop and digital camera gear. And, you answered that one for me. Almost seems like the perfect place (if such exists) for us long-stayers who prefer more of an apartment feel over a standard hotel.

Did you notice if the small room had a window? I cannot tell from the diagram of the floor plan. That is my only concern now, as I once stayed in a small room with no window while in Africa and it really got to me on days when I had to stay in and work via computer/internet.

Mupfel--

Excellent! Thanks! I will print this and forward to my friends.. This places sounds more like a "long-term" stay type of place.. In that it does not have the normal facilities of a regualr hotel (front desk, pool, restaurant, etc.)...

Thanks for your reply and sharing your knowledge...

--UPSer

Archived