"M in Bangkok" on Ploenchit

All--

I have two friends who are coming to BKK for the first time and have reservations to stay at the "M in Bangkok". The hotel says that they are on Ploenchit Road. How they found this place is beyond me... Anyway, I've searched the board and can't find any info on them....

Anyone stayed there??? Know anything about it??? Guest policy? Location? Services? Ammenities?

Why they don't stay at the GP or something a little easier is beyond me...

--UPSer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the web addresses... Anyone stayed there?? Anyone have first or second hand knowledge of their policies, furnishings and such forth..

--UPSer

PS: Sounds like they're in a fairly good location. Not too far away, not too close. (If there is such a thing as being too close)

Interesting find. I am always looking for an alternative to the GP in terms of location, amenities, price, and guest friendliness. Haven't found anything suitable yet. Maybe this is it.

I would appreciate any field reports. It does look like a place that could fill up early and often. And its guest friendliness is, apparently, unknown.

I can see this hotels appeal.. Talk about small and "discrete".. Good location.. I scouted the area last week and must have walked right by it.. You can do your shopping (food and other stuff) and bring it back via Sky Train..

I'm still very interested to hear about their "guest" policy.. I am suspecting that since it's small, they will have (more or less) a "don't ask, don't tell" policy rather than one like the GP's..

Again, Anyone have first hand or second hand info on this???

--UPSer

Looking at the floor plan on the website (http://www.sawadee.com/bangkok/mbangkok/):

8 rooms on floors 1 through 3; none on the ground floor, nightly rates from 650 baht to 1450 baht.

Interesting that the most expensive room is "with bath tub", implying that others are showers only.

Appears to be no elevator despite having 3 floors above the ground floor. Do BGs walk up more than one floor and still be happy?

Map indicates it is very close to Ploenchit BTS.

No indication of in-room safes.

m in Bangkok

888/65 Mahatun Plaza,

Ploenchit Road, Bangkok 10330

Shotover

Yeah... Funny layout.. Small hotel.. I'm just nervous that they might be walking into a "no guest" or "guest unfriendly" hotel..

Still looking for first or second hand info on this issue!!

--UPSer

Archived